Crude City Scooter Club Forum Index Crude City Scooter Club
the Edmonton Chapter of the Vespa Club of Canada

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday May 5th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Crude City Scooter Club Forum Index -> Scooter Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul S

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Sunday May 5th Reply with quote

The Alberta Motorcycle Safety Society is doing their annual campaign launch on Sunday May 5th 11:30am at Louise McKinney Riverfront Park (9999 Grierson Hill Road) this year. Should we meet earlier that day and then have our ride end at the event launch so we can participate (or we could ride after the event)? I've gone previous years but it has always been during the workday limiting attendance. There have always been a few scooterists out to it though and lots of nice bikes to look at.

Details:
Join us Sunday May 5 at 11:30am for the 4th annual motorcycle safety and awareness campaign launch! We are excited to get the campaign going and celebrate May is motorcycle awareness month! We are looking forward to Louise McKinney Riverfront Park (9999 Grierson Hill Road) for a nice backdrop to kick off.

We will have a few speakers representing all of our partnerships including government, enforcement, industry, media and community. Speakers will begin at noon!

This is a free event to officially celebrate the safe return of motorcycles to Alberta roads. Any other announcements for this event will be done in here to keep everyone updated! We go rain or shine...we hope for shine.
jbcollier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, forecast 4° high and speeches, life doesn't get any better!

;-)

Let's meet up beforehand at District (10011 109 St) for 10. Those brave enough to ride, or carry on riding, can go to the rally.
Paul S

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is in 2 weeks, May 5th. Sorry I posted this one early to give us some time to think about a plan. I can start a thread for April 28th ideas.
jbcollier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad. Here's hoping the weather is better.
redbike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope our ever-unreliable weather forecasters misjudge, again; as matters stand now, we're looking at snow Saturday and Sunday.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather still looks like to be poop.
Paul S

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My app says +7 high (-2 low) and rain and snow mix. Sigh.
jbcollier

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not meeting at District. Going to have a pre-ride workshop at my place. Details posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Crude City Scooter Club Forum Index -> Scooter Chit Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: