New wheels. I think I am going to call it Trigger(ed)

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

New wheels. I think I am going to call it Trigger(ed)

Post by coyoteran »

Cyclists say I am cheating. Car drivers want me off the road. Pedestrians want me off the sidewalk. Motorcyclists actually have a legit argument when they say "Get a real bike!" But it makes me happy so f%*# em all.

No registration or insurance, 3 cents worth of electricity to cover the 16 km round trip commute, top speed of 36 kph (off road only), battery range of 50-70 km depending on how hard you hit it, and about as much exertion as you would have on a 15 minute brisk walk.

If you haven't ridden an e-bike you should give it a try. They are stupid fun.

T
Attachments
IMG_20190930_141737 (1).jpg
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

That has a decidedly post-apocalyptic, mad-max look to it
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

eBikes are fun. The cheap ones can be super sketch.

Some are already more than capable of moped replacements. Look at this years Bosch drive line. a few models have up to 75 newton meters of torque.

Even the China Bafangs (M500/M600) have more than enough torque to strip gears if you turn them up too high.

I hope we get a true "E" moped/small motor cycle market.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

It was actually seeing all the Bosch e-bikes in Germany a couple of years ago that got me thinking about it.

Ultimately the cost and long term maintenance of the mid drive bikes was a deal breaker for me so Chinese parts, on a Canadian build was the way ahead. My electronics background should help me keep this thing on the road for a few years any way. 490 km in the last 6 weeks that did not go on the truck so that's a good thing I think.

Maybe a studded tire in my future. True DIY style though. Sheet metal screws in a beefy tread pattern.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Pros and cons to each setup.

I'm with you, i like hub motors more.