This Thursday (July 19th)

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Thanks again for letting me tag along on the bike guys. Sorry I didn't stay for gelato but I was desperate to take it onto the henday for a little bit of a spin...
Only took it to 140 indicated for now, gotta keep it safe right (me, not the bike)! :P
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

That rear tire of yours is very squared off. Replace it, the oil & filter, flush the brake fluid and check (& at least lube) the chain and sprockets before you go fast!! No need to become a statistic if you don't have to.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

That rear tire of yours is very squared off
It is supposed to be like that. The centrifical force brought on by high speeds pulls the centre of the tread pattern out to form the curved tire :wink:

I could see your bike back there Dan and I could almost hear it screaming "COME ON...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR..PASS THESE GUYS ALREADY!!!!" A note about the chain. Most new chains are pre-packed and lubed. Clean it by wiping serious grime off it with a rag. No solvent, no high pressure wash and use a good motocycle specific chain lube on it. Don't scrimp on that.

Char and I also had a good time. Good food, good company. About the only thing missing was "Uno litro vino rosso dela cassa" but that would be irresponsible what with the bike and all. Good to see Scott and Sara make it out last night. BTW John, how were the cigars?

And now the burning question. Who is the next business to benefit from the support of a bunch of middle class (I think we fit that demographic don't we) scooterists with money to spend and time on their hands. And how do we get more folks out when we do it.

Keep the shiny side up all

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Anywhere that serves gelato :roll: (it was awsome!) and has a patio.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
redbike

Post by redbike »

Excellent, thankyou. Nice Maduro wrapper, full cuban leaf rolled by hand on the thighs of Cuban virgins. We checked for you at BGelato, but obviously had the time all wrong. Rode until 11:00 p.m. Perfect evening!
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.