Anybody ordering parts these days?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Anybody ordering parts these days?

Post by coyoteran »

Two questions.

Is there currently a reputable parts dealer for modern Vespas in Canada that anybody can recommend. If not, is anybody doing a SIP order in the near future. I need a couple of small things and don't feel like spending 50 on shipping. Brake pads and front variator nut for the ET and a set of rear lens caps for the P200E.

T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Do you have a motorcycle shop close by? Both Parts Canada and Motovan show the brake pads in their catalogs. Parts Canada carries DP brakes (never heard of them) and the ET4 part number is 1722-0136. Motovan carries EBC brakes (good rep) and the part number is 361-4729.

Vespa Toronto West list the variator nut:

https://www.vespatorontowest.com/parts- ... 200cc.html

Minimum order is $15. They also carry the brake pads:

https://www.vespatorontowest.com/parts- ... io-mp.html

With the pads and the nut in the cart, the calculated shipping is $13.83 for regular parcel, $14.85 for expedited, and on up for even faster.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

PS:

What are rear lens caps?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

PPS:

It looks like we may be going to Calgary on the August 8 for a one-day ride in Calgary. Just an excuse to catch up with the folks down there. I know it is still far but it's closer than Edmonton. Love to see you there. Watch the forum for details.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Thanks John. Looks like the Toronto shop is the way to go. Shipping from LA was going to kill me as was SIP. The, ahem, parts people at my local moto shop are lost as soon as you don't say Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, etc

I tried to shop local but alas it was a bust. I meant the rear signal light covers. I bumped the P with the B and broke one.

I will talk to Charlene about Calgary. It is hard to convince her to travel these days for obvious reasons and now that daughter number one lives in Edmonton, it is harder to get her to travel to Calgary.

T
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The rear turn signal lenses are available from ScooterWorks in Chicago. They have both in clear and only the left in amber. $7.29US each and they will ship by mail for $13US.

I'd cheerfully add anything to one of my orders but, after spending millions in the last year, it might be a while before my next. I will check in when I do though.

Another solution is lens repair tape from Canadian Tire (red only but still legal at the rear) and Amazon.
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

No parts yet and covid has introduced logistical difficulties so I am going to have to forgo the Cowville trip.

With the oldest daughter now living in Edmonton, the odds of a visit with a scooter in tow are definitely high.

Ride safe all, but not too safe.

T
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Calgary, wisely, told us to stay away as well.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I'm placing an SIP order this weekend. Need anything?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Last call...
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Done
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

I haven't connected for a while so I missed this. But on a positive note, I ordered the nut and the brake pads from the Toronto shop with no drama.

I might try to 3d print the P200 turn signal covers. I have some translucent filament that may fit the bill if I can work out the design. I have a 14 day quarantine coming up in a few weeks so I will have time.

T
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Red alert !!

Red alert !!

Red alert !!

Doing one more order. Still want the lenses? If so, which ones? (osition and colour)
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Your P200 lenses are on their way.