72 hours of driving...and all i saw was (FILL IN BLANK)

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

GDOUBLEU

72 hours of driving...and all i saw was (FILL IN BLANK)

Post by GDOUBLEU »

hey everyone...so ig and i are going to be driving out to tdot to pick up my little scooter (ended up going with the special 50 after a frustrating back and forth with the guy...in the end we think it was definitely the better bike for me).

we're looking to make a holiday out of this, and are covered for saskatoon, winnipeg and the toronto-area for things to do and places to stay, but i was wondering if any of you have suggestions for fun things do or places to see in northern ontario, between winnipeg and the soo?

i've been through there a million times as a kid and a couple as an adult, but can't think for the life of me what there is to do (besides stopping for a family photo at the terry fox monument in thunder bay...a favourite stop of my dad's...complete with inspirational lecture). :wink:

anywhoodle...suggestions are welcome.

oh...and my car (the mg) is looking FANTASTIC!!! john and ig are making it so pretty and i think it'll be done at least by the end of august...sooner if ig has his way. YAY!!! :D
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi

The family and I did that trip about three years ago but we were on escape mode from Ontario so we really didn't stop to smell the roses if you catch my drift. Having said that, Kakabeka falls outside of thunder bay is a nice place to stop for a leg stretch, walk the dog, take some photos.

My wife is a fan of "worlds biggest" things, (insert joke here) so the sudbury nickel, the sleeping giant and the big freaking geese in WaWa are always a must.

And while I would suggest a tour of the old Norad site in North bay, I am thinking Igors accent might raise some suspicions. :twisted: Hey, old Cold War habits die hard with some of my military breathren. :D

I think its the travel lodge in the soo that has a pretty good pool both indoor and outdoor and water slide. And its not a bad little town.

Thats all I got. Have a good trip. Make sure the AC works in whatever you drive and give my regards to Terry Fox. We always stop there as well.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

thanks trevor! all great suggestions...

i am also a fan of world's biggest things...(you're welcome igor)...have seen the cross country skis in 100 mile house, the hockey stick in duncan, postage stamp in humboldt, viking in gimli, among many others. my all-time favourite though, was the lobster in shediac, new brunswick...makes you want to find a giant vat of clarified butter. mmmm... :wink:

g
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

....all I know is, if you time it right and drive real fast you can cross through WPG and not see it at all. Gas up and Pee about 50km out of town so you don't have a reason or and excuse. :lol:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
GDOUBLEU

Post by GDOUBLEU »

what?!?! you no like winterpeg...er...winnipeg?!?!?! due to the sheer amount of family and friends there, i'm afraid a visit is on the schedule of events. that being said, we do have plans to check out the MOD night at the pyramid lounge and chill in osbourne village...don't feel too sorry for us. hehe...
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I am going to risk being burned as a heretic by my fellow Saskatchewanians for actually admitting that there is anything positive about winnipeg but......are there ever a lot of scooters on the road in the peg. Pretty nice vespa dealership and a typical stroll on a summer day will see 15-20 scooters per hour rolling/buzzing past you in some of the busier roads.

I was quite surprised. It still does not excuse the slummy feeling of the downtown, the trash bin that is portage and main and that feeble excuse for a football team, but maybe that is just the Saskatchewanian in me saying that :twisted:

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Want to go sailing on the north channel? 2hr from Sudbury on Manitoulin Island. C&C27 sleeps 3 comfortably. Email me.
giddyup