An Old Crappy Vespa in Edmonton!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

An Old Crappy Vespa in Edmonton!

Post by jbcollier »

Sorry, couldn't wait. I have unpacked my SS90. Let's just say it was accurately described in the ad: needs a little work. :-)

You are all still welcome to come on by after Sunday's meeting and have a good laugh.

I am tired though: over 4000 km of traveling in one week. I, and my back agrees, do not want to that again any time soon.

On my trip home, I brought back my very first bike, a '78 Suzuki GS400C. I am going to fix it up for my daughter to ride. Twenty four years in a shed didn't help it much. It was amazing the memories that came flooding back as I looked at the various dents and scratches. Oi! I was thick as a brick back then; not much brighter now I suppose.

First priority is the GS. I have to have it ready for next spring. Surprisingly, there are still lots of parts available from Suzuki. Fortunately they were a popular bike and there are lots of used parts available, too. Original exhausts are hen's teeth though so I may go to an aftermarket 2 into 1 as that is all that I can find.

The SS goes onto the back burner. I will do a careful inventory and then put it all in the basement. I will troll ebay for the missing bits and probably start the restoration next winter.

Cheers
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

PS: The GS400 is the antecedant of the GS500. An example of which one of our members owns.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Great to hear that you are back safe and sound and that you are well stocked with new projects. I think I'm kidding myself when I say that my present project i smy last. I think I'm going to start hunting for my very first bike as well and SRX600. I'm pretty sure it lives on the northside, thanks John for messing my head up and got me thinking towards another project....

Cheers
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Long live the entire GS line! 8)
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

There is something about the first bike. Go and hunt that SRX down!