Why Me?!

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

DoesDerbiCount?

Why Me?!

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Hi all,

I hope I find everyone in good health and spirit after the winter hiatus. And I have a very unfortunate first ride story for you guys...
I took my SV for the first ride I've ever taken it on today, and it was great! A little chilly, but it was a blast.
So on the way back I see someone is riding my ass on a residential road and I look back to see it's my brother. So we drive over to his place and let him take the bike for a quick spin. And what do you know, not two minutes later I get a phone call. He dumped it. Hit the brakes through a patch of gravel and took it down. So after making sure he was okay I assessed the damage. Luckily I have frame sliders so I'm looking at a scratch on the plastic of the mirror, scratches on the brake lever. A bit of a scuff on the exhaust, and a smashed turning signal. He said he would cover it, and it shouldn't amount to much. But I'm still angry. The problem I don't know what makes me angrier:

-That the bike was dropped on it's first day.
-That my brother dropped the bike.
-Or that it wasn't ME who dropped it. :P

Just needed to vent, and I hope this is the only accident and bad luck of the fresh new season for everyone in this group. Safe riding everyone and I'll see you out there.

Dan Z.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

While this isn't exactly the first rule of motorcycling it is up there in the top 10. If you aren't prepared to see it dropped, don't loan it to anybody. I can't tell you the number of times I have heard iterations of this same story. Its happened to me...twice.

Look at it this way. That drop is out of the way, now you don't have to worry about scratching it yourself. The first step toward a ratted out SV :twisted:

Keep the somewhat less than really shiny side up.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

Good point. I guess it is good to get that first one done with. At least I didn't have to see it happen. :P
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Ouch! Glad to hear no one was hurt and especially glad you didn't have to ride it as it went down.