Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The chap I bought the scoot for also wants to join the club. His name is Oliver Rossier. A really nice guy so not the hard drinking, quick to fight, mayhem maniacs we are trying to recruit. :-)

We partially striped the scoot on Tuesday night. Don't worry, he wants to keep it as original as possible so we are just getting the parts to make it road worthy again. Hopefully we will be striping the motor tomorrow afternoon/evening and then I can send off a SIP order.

His deadline is July as he wants it ready for his upcoming nuptials. I am hoping we can have ready for our rally.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey John,
Great to hear that the project is on the go. It will be great to have another Lover of the Vespa in the club, and remind him that his fellow members will be out in force if he needs back up on that special day!

Let me know before you put the sip order in, I'm oing to surf the site and see if there is anything that I might need...

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Have a look and let me know. I expect to place the order in the middle of next week.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey John,
Go ahead with the order. I think I have more important pieces to buy first. The pipe is a must since I will have to cut away at the rear left foot board for clearance....

So what is the verdict with Olivers engine? any major damage?

Thanks for bringing him to the meeting it was great meeting him and getting to know him...

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

His engine is fine. I was a little worried about the crank until I realized the notchiness in the big end was do to dried up, very old fuel. I am looking around for a three port cylinder as his is two port. No kits though as he wants factory reliability and longevity. His is a VMA2 so it has the 19/19 carb and what not. Should be able to 80 kph or so two up on the flats.

We worked at it and had it stripped and cleaned up by 2:30.