Moderator: Moderators

Dennis

Angelo? You ready???

Post by Dennis »

Only 8 more days!!!
http://www.formula1.com/race/
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

OH YA! a bunch of us crazies are getting together Saturday night for the big event! This will be the Iceman's year! It has to be, the man has been robbed so many times! Finally a car that will win him the title!

Can't wait, can't wait!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I think he's cursed. The car will fall apart under him like the Benz did. I'm still disappointed that our reigning champ is driving that car now.

My predictions...
Alonzo wins with the Benz....all year long.
Kimi loses all year in Michaels old car.

It will proove that it was always the 'driver' and not the 'car'.

Sorry....you can put all the Kimis, Fernandos, and Sennas in the world behind the wheel of the Ferrari... it still won't make me cheer them (Ferrari) on.

Dennis
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Oh man! This is so sad. Scooterists watching Formula 1!! I bet no even knows the result of Qatar's openning round of MotoGP. Hint, it makes me very, very happy.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Well My Friend, I wear a black arm band today as the Doctor fails to win the first round, although he gave it a fight. I predict that he will win this years championship.......The Ducati was strong today, it has me concerned!

Formala 1 has been in my blood a lot longer than Scooters, sad but true.
You must have noticed the F1 swag laying around the house!?

I never have been a fan of the Shoemaker, and with him out of the Red car this year, I can once again cheer for my home country.....

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Oh I am not happy to see Rossi lose, I just happy to see Ducati win. Ducati is a little, tiny factory with miniscule resources compared to the big guns (especially Honda). You would be shocked to know what percentage of Ducati's resources are tied up in racing. It is huge. Ducati's race division is the same size as Honda's. It's no wonder they are always flirting with insolvency.

Sorry about hi-jacking the Formula 1 thread. I used to follow Formula 1 from about 1977 up to the Schmuker era. When he started "accidently" bumping other cars off the track in order to win championships -- AND NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT -- I tuned out.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I used to follow motoGP but I found that it was often, dare I say, boring. The races are too short for me. I like pit stops....

Ilse of Man TT...now that's motorcycle racing.

Angelo,
I understand your 'obligation' to support team red. Perhaps when Germany get a team I will do the same (bring on Porche). Sauber/BMW still isn't German enough for me.

really don't know who I will fully support this year.... Is Arrows coming back? :wink:

John, If only Senna would still be around Shoumy would not have gotten away with all of that because he would have been a second runer all this time. It wasn't until after that terrible day in 1994 in Italy when Shoumy really started to take charge (with Benneton Renault, then Ferrari). Before his fatal crash Senna was untouchable...and probaly would be still today. SO happy Shumaker is out of it now.

Okay...I'm done.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Amen...... Dennis. I still remember the morning that he Died. I was up at 5.30am as usual for the pre-race and stuff. It was a georgous summer sunday morning, the sun was shining through our Front window, and I had a huge smile on my face, the anticiptaion I felt for every race was building....

A short while later......Rita walks in and asks what has happened. She had never seen that look on my face before. I was devistated, still am. My hero, the greatest racer ever....gone.

The shoemaker would have always placed 2nd to the greatest racer ever.

A

- Dustin Kott-
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Kimi and Fernando in row 1.
I now have a feeling we're gonna see this a lot this year.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Certian to be an amzing battle. Perhaps bringing us back to the Prost / Senna battles?....I've got the fosters chilling...yum!

Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Not the battle that I had hoped for. If Kimi continues the year as he did today, the it will be proof that the car really is that good, and that the Shoemaker was at the right place at the right time, and is as I always said and above average driver like about 10 other drivers that could have won in that car....

I'm happy for Kimi. So many times he lead a race over the past several years only to be let down my the Merc.....Yeah for the iceman!

Let the games begin!

- Dustin Kott-
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Yes...quite an uneventful race.
Renault was disappointing to say the least. It's expected of Fissi but I was sure the new guy would show us something.

The only excitement of the entire race (for me) was Hamiliton's brilliant overtaking of 2 cars in turn 1 of the opening lap. Had Alonso stunned.

Great podium.

Dennis
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Weird race track too, was it a street course? Narrow, no run off with concrete walls and fencing everywhere.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Yup...Melbourne is a street track through and around Albert Park. there's a few run offs. Just ask Scott Speed...he always finds them.

D
:)