Wanted: P-series Vespa

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Sorry muffin but you made it my business when you called out the senior members of this club. I didn't post as a moderator, or sys admin as you can see by your untouched mouthy little posts.

I responded on behalf of my fellow club members. And would do so again. Now, if you want to delete your account and your posts, feel free. You apparently have a considerable amount of time on your hands what with not having to deal with the parade of prospective buyers for your "rare" scooter.

Trevor

I notice you never responded to the remark about the neverending price increase. What, did you think nobody would notice?
t
Last edited by coyoteran on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Sorry muffin but you made it my business when you called out the senior members of this club. I didn't post as a moderator, or sys admin as you can see buy your untouched mouthy little posts.

I responded on behalf of my fellow club members. And would do so again. Now, if you want to delete your account and your posts, feel free. You apparently have a considerable amount of time on your hands what with not having to deal with the parade of prospective buyers for your "rare" scooter.

Trevor

I notice you never responded to the remark about the neverending price increase. What, did you think nobody would notice?
t
Amen brother
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
noel

Post by noel »

This whole thread gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Take it from me drop it now its not worth it.
As far back as I can remember I've wanted to be Angelo
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

While normally I would listen to Noel's never ending good advice, I have to say something here.

First of all, why is anyone getting upset over a machine? why take it so personally if someone doesn't think it's worth what you do? I've sold and bought horses, living breathing thinking animals, with less emotion attached than some people are displaying here. It's just a scooter. It's pretty, no doubt, it's worth something, no doubt, but it's probably not worth the high blood pressure and inevitable stroke you'll give yourself reacting like that (this is all to no one in particular, honest ;) ).

Secondly, um...seriously? Classless? That might be true, I've been known to swear infront of the elderly, and teach small children terms they shouldn't know. However, I really don't think that stating I may try lowballing someone makes me classless...I think that really makes me.... well, honest and pretty typical. You really aren't prepared for people to make offers on something you're selling? What planet are you from? It's a scooter, and it's used... whatever you're asking, a smart buyer will offer less. I think people pretty much understand that universally, and in fact I think this is pretty much the first time I've ever heard of it being an issue. Clearly I wasn't trying to cheat anyone, or I wouldn't have said anything about it in a public forum. I'm really bemused as to why it's even an issue, to be honest. I would love to know what a potential buyer thinks about something I'm selling...

Third, I wasted no one's time. Not everything you sell or show to people to sell is going to result in a sale. The fact is, I went knowing the price and was prepared to pay that price if it was what I wanted. But sooooooo sorry chum, it wasn't what I wanted. I know it is hard for you to believe that someone could go out and look at your wonderful scooter (with a big scratch on the left side, and some sort of weird skateboard griptape paper dealie on the floor) and not totally want to pay some once-again-raised-price for it, but it happens. Move on in life, it's really not the end of the world. I considered lowballing to see what I might be able to get it for, but as it turns out, I found something more perfect for myself. Hey, and guess what? I offered that guy a lower price than what he was asking... the amazing part...NO HISSY FIT, ALL SALE!

Fourth... wasn't this more relevant like...6 months ago?

Please don't erase these posts...they amuse me greatly.

Everyone please take a chillaxative.

Cheers,
Audrey
All hail Emperor Kang!
redbike

Post by redbike »

Ban you? Why? I think this thread should stand as a permanent testament to your piercing intellect.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.