Having a damn fine time with a kit!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Having a damn fine time with a kit!

Post by jbcollier »

Installed the M1 kit earlier this year but have been too busy to ride until now. Had to install a smaller idle jet but, other than that, it runs very sweet now. If you remember, I seized my last kit with a little too enthusiastic reving early in its brief life. This time I have a way too large main in so that it just chokes out if pull more than 3/4 throttle. Live an learn. I have to run two or three tank fulls of 4% and then to its steady diet of 3% and final jetting.

So far it has lots of power. I was on Emily Murphy Hill, gaining speed at part throttle in the mid range!! Pulls 80 kph without you even noticing it!!

Oh boy.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Good to hear John, glad to hear that thus far all is well. I on the other hand am in search for a north american source for the MecEur Crankshaft that I was waiting for from England. The supplier and I both agreed that something has gone terribly wrong with the shipping of the package. He is unable to trace it's where abouts. At least I was credited the full amount! there is something to be said about buying insurance on big ticket items that ship from over seas.........now that I have been refuned I full expect to see the package delivered next week sometime! :roll:

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

My record is three months for a parcel from England shipped by air. I think they must have taken a wrong turn in Albuquerque. It came eventually though.