Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Edmonton Motorcycle Show

Post by jbcollier »

Starts Tomorrow!!
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Heh, yes, yes it does.

Is anyone attending this year? I think I'm going to skip it. I was disgusted by the price of parking and admittance last year. :\ It's always a good time, but I don't think I can justify the price this time around.

Someone let me know how it is. :D
All hail Emperor Kang!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Buy your tickets in advance: cheaper and no lining up.

Park your car at my house and take the LRT.

I'm going tomorrow morning and the two other Js are coming along. I'm putting Janet on the back of as many sport tourers as I can find. I am also on the look out for DVDs, wired ear plugs and tools. The new Norton is supposed to be there and there's at least one Vincent in the vintage display.

Unfortunately I can only stay three hours as James has a soccer game at two. I'll report back later!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

jbcollier wrote:. I'm putting Janet on the back of as many sport tourers as I can find
Three little letters with which you are already familiar. Gimme a B...B. Gimme an M...M. Gimme a W....W. Whats that spell? BMW K1300GT. Now if only you could find that money tree to take some of the sting out.

Just my 1/50 of a dollar.

Have fun at the show. There is something similar going on in Denver at the end of the month but it is more of a swap meet/cruiser and tattoo revival thing. Not sure I am going to go. Too much orange and black for my liking.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hmm, the man on the big white scooter is prescient. Both Janet and I preferred the K1300GT out of all the "big scooters" we tried out. Comfy seat and adjustable bars you can drop quite a bit. Janet particularly liked the heated seats. Luggage is still an issue. She figures there may be just enough for her... barely. However, if we used a rear rack instead of a top box, we could use the stacking suitcases I already have from Kuryakyn.

All truly pie in the sky as there's no room in the garage and no doubloons in the bank!

The show has improved greatly. Jason Britten (sp?) was there and the new halls are huge. I bought tools, DVDs, packing straps and ordered a set of wired ear plugs. I greatly admired the "new" Royal Enfields: very easy on the eye. Same with the Moto Guzzis where the demo Norges were on offer for 14K.

The Vintage display had a great deal more space. The theme was "Paint It Black" and there were some gorgeous bikes there: three Vincents (2 B-Rapids and a Comet), an early Ariel Square Four and a Velocette Venom to name a few.

If you get a chance, go!