Trailers

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Ruthie

Trailers

Post by Ruthie »

Bruce (Furnaceman),
I just am getting caught up on the general Forum at VCOC, and noticed your transactions regarding a new trailer last July. Did you want to get rid of your two scoot trailer? I'd be interested in the specs and price if you are. I only have a MAX! 1000 lb. towing capacity on a Honda civic. If anyone else has a line on one, even an open one, I'd be interested for 2 scoots at the most.
Thanks,
Ruthie
"Scooters help us step more lightly on our planet."
furnaceman

trailer

Post by furnaceman »

Ruthie that was a listing for a trailer that was for sale in my back alley. However if you are looking for one im sure some of the club members would have some valuble input or mabye a line on one for sale.

Bruce
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Ruth,

Get yourself a bargain finder and start looking at the trailers forsale. Keep in mind the approx dimensions of your scoots you want to haul.

Light scoots start at 200+ lbs and a small trailer all by itself will start near 300+ lbs and go up from there.

LX's and ET2's are almost 250 lbs all by themselves.

By the time you load up 2 scoots on a trailer you might be dangerously close to your 1000 lbs limit. Passenger and cargo weight need to be added to your towing weight capacity as well.
Ruthie

Post by Ruthie »

Thanks for the good ideas and info on the weight of stuff.
Ruthie.
See you at the meeting Sunday.
"Scooters help us step more lightly on our planet."