Affiliation Note

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Affiliation Note

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

I know that Kevin has been burning the midnight oil getting this forum running .ok well maybe not the midnight oil...ok well he did a great rpm install hehehehhe but I just want to throw this out there for consideration and ultimately more work for Kevin (sorry bud).

Would it be worthwile to make note that we are an iffiliate of or a chapter of the VCOC on the forum header or index or footer or somewhere that it sort of stands out.

I am a big fan of the "Go with our own name" deal but I am also a fan of promoting VCOC and our association with them and it doesn't cost us a darn thing.

Ill just put it out there...now Discuss! :-)
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Trevor and everyone else,

YES! I have always mentioned in our meetings that no mater what happens with the club name, we will always be affiliated with the VCoC, and will be known as "the Edmonton Chapter of the VCoC". We will be making note of this on posters, cards, etc. Even if it is in fine print it will be there.

Lets not forget if it wasn't for the VCoC and Roys efforts to expand the Club from Coast to coast, we may have never found each other. Roy and the VCoC have been big supporters of The Edmonton gang. Delia's efforts in helping with the rally also helped in making our first rally a success.

It's good that you brought the subject up today Trevor, I was looking at the Forum Design today, and was going to bring up the fact that the VCoE information should be added. I know that you are busy Kevin, but as soon as you can please make the addition.

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

WEll not quite a RPM install, as i'm not using Redhat :D

Take that!

Let me know what you want added and where, and I'll see what i can do.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

WEll not quite a RPM install, as i'm not using Redhat
It was the quickest linux reference I could come up with heheh. But it does lead me to ask, what are you using?

I have been running a mandrake box at home for the last 4 years as my firewall/print/file server. My biggest fear is that it breaks cuz I actually havent had to look at it for about 2 years now. I would spend a lot of time relearning stuff that is long forgotten.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I've been a Slackware guy since, lets say v3.5 (almost 10 years), and i played around with a bunch before that.

Old habits.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Kevin, I believe it can be as simple as "The Edmonton Chapter of the Vespa Club of Canada", typed underneath the Logo. I am open to suggestions, but I think that is the most simple way...

Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Kevin

If you need copies of the Logo's whatever, I am your woman...just say the word and provide an email addy and it will be done.

Honorary member at your service.

:wink:
Yeah...whatever
Roy

Post by Roy »

Angelo wrote:Trevor and everyone else,

YES! I have always mentioned in our meetings that no mater what happens with the club name, we will always be affiliated with the VCoC, and will be known as "the Edmonton Chapter of the VCoC". We will be making note of this on posters, cards, etc. Even if it is in fine print it will be there.

Lets not forget if it wasn't for the VCoC and Roys efforts to expand the Club from Coast to coast, we may have never found each other. Roy and the VCoC have been big supporters of The Edmonton gang. Delia's efforts in helping with the rally also helped in making our first rally a success.
wow....that is so awesome. What an honour!

Angelo, you and Jeff are the guys who had the courage running with it. You guys deserve all the credit and it is the VCoC that should be proud and honoured that the Crude City Scooter Club chooses to be a chapter an affiliate of the VCoC.

Although you won't see me very often on this forum, I wanted to tell you guys that your group is very special for me for vrious reasons. I will always be following from the distance how you are doing and will support you the best I can.

You have a great group of people in Edmonton. I am looking forward meeting many of you again at upcoming rallies.

Wishing the Crude City Scooter Club a long and successful future!

Roy.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Ummm...yeah...with that Donald Duck avatar, you dont seem well how shall I say this......hahahaha
Yeah...whatever