GPA SJ Helmet (Formula 1)

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Yarko

GPA SJ Helmet (Formula 1)

Post by Yarko »

Hey,
Bought this helmet from Portugal but it's about a size too small for my head, it's around 56-57. Everything works, looks fine, some small scratches but the interior is superb. This helmet was made in the late 70s and early 80s, is made out of Kevlar to protect you against sudden gunfire. Need money for new engine cases. It came out to run me a bit over $300, I would be happy with anything over $260ish.

jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Put it on Kijiji as well.
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

Thanks, I posted this there on the same day as well. It can also be seen in the 2010 documentary "Senna", where Ayrton Senna passes some driver with this thing on in 1979. That driver demonstrates our pro tip of the day: wear this helmet and you won't crash but fail to wear it and you might end up like Senna. And in the freak occurrence that you are wearing it and you do crash, it might protect you some!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Senna died when the force of his right front wheel hit him in the head after his car was struck a wall when his car lost control accelerating at well over 200 km per hr.......he was wearing a helmet.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Yarko

Post by Yarko »

I wasn't implying that Senna was not wearing a helmet but that he was not wearing this one in particular.