Does anyone have a working Elite 80 for sale?

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

gaburley

Does anyone have a working Elite 80 for sale?

Post by gaburley »

I Just bought an Elite 80 from Kamloops; supposedly it only had 1600km on and was "like new", well the odometer has turned over at least once and the scooter is a basket case (nice and clean however). The owner changed the front tire at some point and the rim has a large bend in it.

I was hoping that someone would have an extra Elite 80 for cheap so I have one to ride as I learn to resurrect my very expensive basket case. In the spring I will be selling my Chinese scooter (150) to pay for a bathroom refit, so I have to find a low cost Elite 80 soon.

Thank you and lets dream of the spring

Glenn
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I will just leave this here. Takes some commitment on your part but it is an option.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/2752948728.html

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
gaburley

Hopefully there is something closer to home

Post by gaburley »

groovy, I could have the worlds coolest bookends. Sadly no, I already have one project. I did buy a new battery, fuel filter, spark plug and key blank; with the air filter and carb gasket kit I have on order, maybe this white elephant will again see the open road. Well, open city streets maybe.

This model was produced for over 20 years, you think that there would be more of them around, and they are so cute. What about having the body parts painted bright pink?

Keep happy
Glenn

Ps. I appreciate you helping me to find a working (and cheap) Elite 80
Attachments
I hope that this is from a bad tire change.
I hope that this is from a bad tire change.
gaburley

Just a thought

Post by gaburley »

Hi Guys and gals and all you hep cats in scooterland;

Just a thought, I am going to take the time to learn to fix my poor scoot, and yes I am still looking for a running one but would also like another non running one. I will probably stick with Elites so I only have to learn about one basic thing.

This morning I looked into my gas tank with my See Snake and it looks pretty rust free, but there was huge amounts of crap and bits on the bottom of the tank so I will drain it, flush it and install my new fuel filter, then refill the tank.

Fun fun fun.

Glenn

Ps. I have no idea what I am doing.