Hey Scooteristas!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

redbike

Hey Scooteristas!

Post by redbike »

Hi, John here. I've been lurking here for a little less than a year; bought a 250GTS last June and have done a little over 8,000 km since then including about 1,200 km since this (questionable) spring. For those of you in the Edmonton area, I'm the dragon red (the fastest colour!) with brown seat and matching top box you may have seen booting around town. Anyways, can't seem to get enough of all things Vespa (even tested the MP3 last week - what a gas that thing is) - and am looking forward to meeting more like-minded people. You may have noticed some frequent references to scooters by a certain columnist in a local paper - he's a buddy and a fellow convert, the contract on his life for taking on the loud-piped-harley-crowd in his column notwithstanding. We are threatening to join up some Sunday and come for a ride. Looking forward to getting involved (am that kind of guy) and to meeting some of you soon.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey John,
Let me me the first to welcome you to our forum. Lurking eh? I always felt someone was in the shadows watching, now that I know it's you I'll feel a bit better :lol:

You and your friend are very welcome to join us at our meeting spot, we always welcome like minded individuals with a passion for scooters.

I'm glad that you took the time to introduce yourself, it always make the first meet more personal.

Ciao
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hi John,

Welcome to the list. I think our next meeting is May 6. I am sure there will be a ride on the 29 what with the warming weather and everyone being anxious to hit the road. Your friend's attendance will provide the impetus for me to finally glass pack that way too loud muffler on my scoot!

Be careful out there as they have crews brushing the winter's sand off the curb side and meridians into the roadway. One chap bought it at our round-about last Sunday. Unfortunately the bike, rider and companion all had less than 100 km on them. Just a slide so hopefully they are still riding albeit a bit more carefully.

John (another one)
redbike

Post by redbike »

Thanks for the words of welcome! As to sand on the roads and the general condition of them, these cagers who are complaining about the state of things should try riding around on 12 inch wheels - then they'd truely get the picture of how bad things are. I've dodged more hazzards than I care to name. But still not as good as being dive bombed by a hare on River Road last summer on one of my very first rides - put the fear of god in me, and I narrowly missed it.

I learned my "front brake on sand" lesson last year shortly after I purchased the bike. Was going about 2 km out of a parking lot, over the edge, small dip down, sand in the bottom, me with a wheel turned anticipating the turn out onto the road. Grabbed some front and met the pavement - couldn't believe how fast it all happened. Anyways, some panel bashing and a respray later, and all of that is a receding memory.

Found a cool ride last week while out poking around: Fort Road all the way out to Manning Frwy, and North. Take turn for Alberta Hospital, and another left into the hospital grounds, and straight through. Once you get past the hospital you just keep on going out into the countryside. Decent roads through rural farmland with some nice curves. Quite nice!

Anyways, Im rambling so will close. Thanks for the hospitality!!!
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Hi John,

I'm new to the group too, but they seem like a really great bunch of people. 1200km this spring hey? and I thought I was doing pretty good with my 400-ish. I'm going to start making it out for the Sunday rides, hopefully by early May (I'm waiting to get my liscense before heading into the big city). I hope to see you out there. ^_^

Cheers,
Audrey
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Audrey you have a PM..... :shock:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-