Looking to Sell

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

lookingtosell

Looking to Sell

Post by lookingtosell »

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to sell two vintage 1963 Vespa scooters, and thought this would be a good place to start.

Here are a few stats:

both are 1963 vintage Vespas (come with original paperwork)
one is robin's egg blue, the other tan and red (both recently painted in the last 2 years)
both in running condition though do need a little TLC
both need out of province inspections

asking $3500 each or obo

if you know of anyone who is interested, please contact Mike by email at erinandmike@shaw.ca for more information and pictures
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

At least post a model or even a frame number so people have an idea what type of Vespa they are.

Since they require an inspection, where did they come from?
lookingtosell

Post by lookingtosell »

All I have is an engine number. The original papers just say 1963 Vespa scooter 150cc 2 stroke.

Both scooters originally came from Pakistan.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Check a few spots.

1st on the leg shield to the left of the steering column. (rectangular plate)
2nd near the choke cable (just below the front of the seat on the body)
3rd if you were to take off the side cowls, look on the outer edges for a number stamped into the frame.

Take a look at this link http://www.scooterhelp.com/scooters/VBB2.150.html Does it look even remotely close?

But now that you have mentioned Pakistan I'm scared and am going to run away.
lookingtosell

Post by lookingtosell »

Thank you very much for the tips, I appreciate it. I will check the numbers tomorrow.

They do indeed look like the one on the website. I have also attached a picture here of both.

Why are you scared of Pakistan? It does get a bad rep, but the country is actually very nice and beautiful. (Not from there, but have been a few times)
Attachments
vespa 010.jpg
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Kevin is refering to the reputation of workmanship of "restored" scooters from certain countries (the country itself has nothing to do with it) As always buyer beware. The fact that you have been open with where they came from will save you alot of time, as it will reduce the amount of people that will show interest, nothing against anyone, just reality. Good luck in your quest.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

After hearing of others and seeing first hand what comes out of countries where questionable scooters come from i get scared. Knowing that your scoots need an out of province inspection i'm thinking no one with proper knowledge has been through them.

I havn't seen them nor do i know how good they might be, but questionable is all that comes to mind at the moment.
lookingtosell

Post by lookingtosell »

Totally understandable, I appreciate all the feedback. As mentioned earlier, I just don't have the time to fix them up, hopefully will find someone who does. Thanks for all your help.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Noticed these guys are on Kijiji now.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicl ... Z202114262
lookingtosell

Post by lookingtosell »

They are, really appreciated all the advice from this forum. We got a lot more valuable information than from the scooter store so we can successfully sell the bikes.