Guess what?

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Guess what?

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I passed my road test! In the rain! Thanks to everyone here, you've all been really supportive and helpful with everything I've asked about. If the weathers nice, I'll be riding to the meeting on Sunday. ^_^

Cheers
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Congratulation!
redbike

Post by redbike »

Good on you!!! Was it difficult? How about the serpentines and slow mo stuff?
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

congrats Audrey now that your'e legal (like you haven't heard that one b4)you can go riding with the real world lol..

Bruce.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Exccccccccccccccccccccelent. Congrats, I bet you feel like a million bucks!

:lol:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Thanks everyone ^_^ I do indeed feel like a million bucks. I still have my training course to take in May because I know I'm still not very experienced, but at least I can go out and do somethings on my scooter (carefully, of course).

Red-bike-John; The test was pretty simple, but I'd also done TONS of practicing the week leading up to it. The tester (PM me if you're interested in his name and number) was very nice and helpful.

He set up the serpentine differently than I had at home. I set up just a single file line of pylons, where as he set up a double line of pylons. It was actually easier for me to do it his way, so that was good. I did screw up once on the slow-mo part of it, but you get 3 tries on each thing, so it wasn't that bad. I'd screwed up because i got distracted RIGHT as a started, so I'm not even really counting it :lol:

The road test part was pretty easy, I remembered to turn off my signal lights, and made a HUGE deal of looking both was at EVERY intersection, and shoulder checking every time I changed lanes. I also played it safe by shoulder checking when changing my position within a lane, and I stopped at every yield sign just to be ultra conservative.

So even though I was pretty nervous, the test was pretty simple and I felt confident that I'd passed before he'd even gotten out of the car to confirm it.

Cheers ^_^
redbike

Post by redbike »

So glad it all went well; you sounded so nervous! I did my test last year shortly after I picked up my bike, so I'm good to go - now just need to practice lots :lol: I picked up David Hough's two books (Proficient Motorcycling and (wait for it...) More Profieient Motorcycling and have found them invaluable - very straightforward and a common sense approach - he's a good writer too, which helps. Watch out for that dang sand though - the roads are still quite bad. Hope to see you out and about!
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Congratulations....nothing better than knowing you dont ever have to go thru that again.

Confidence will come with riding, so be safe and have fun!

Delia
Yeah...whatever