The Duck Waddles

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

The Duck Waddles

Post by jbcollier »

I had the Duck out on its maiden voyage. :-) :-)

Just a couple of kilometers but it ran very well indeed. I am sure the jetting will have to be tweaked at least a little. Next week I will take it to the shop and hook up a O2 sensor and make sure it is at least in the ball park while I break it in.

Right side shift is very interesting. It is going to take a good deal of careful practice before braking with my left foot feels natural.

Maybe I will bring it this Sunday. I can dress as a rocker and you all can gang up and beat the crap outta me. Sounds like fun!

You know I have THREE scooter/motorcycle engines that I am breaking in this spring. Am I as thick as a brick or what...
redbike

Post by redbike »

Where's the picture?????
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

John that is fantastic news, I can't wait to hear it. The machine is a thing of beauty and the minutes, hours, years that have gone into the project are pretty easy to see.....

Pictures can come later. In my opnion everyone needs to see it LIVE first.....damn I want one now!

Cheers
Angelo

P.S My package from MB Developments arrived yesterday, so alot of the bits and pieces for the engine build up are here! I bought a few trick pieces, just to be different...and I placed my order with Deanspeed today, so in a few weeks I hope to have those goodies aswell!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

OK, I'll come clean...I need a picture cause I don't have a friggin clue what this kind of duck is, although come October, I have a date with a few....
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hah! You will have to wait until Sunday.

John
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'll be there on Sunday but sanze Scooter. I have a Family function that cannot be avoided and intails much eating Italian style (which means good and lots!) I'll be dropping off the family and then doubling back to partake....can't wait to meet the new faces and see the duck. John be forewarned that the first time I showed much self restrain, but the 2nd time might not be so pretty. You may want to mount a sign that states,
"you sit on the duck, I breaka your face!" :lol:
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I hooked up my O2 sensor and set it up rich for the initial break-in. See you all tomorrow!

I will only bring it this time as I like my scoot too!!