Hindsight is 20/10

Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

Sowelu

Hindsight is 20/10

Post by Sowelu »

Thanks to everyone that made it to Hindsight 20/10. I was super to see everyone! Don't forget to post your pictures ... we also have space for you to post your pics on scoot.net. The link is ... http://scoot.net/gallery/2010/05/hindsight/

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Some pictures posted already...
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Fly 150

video

Post by Fly 150 »

Who was video taping & how do I see it?
Thanks,
jgreeno

Video

Post by jgreeno »

That was my bike. I'm trying to get a decent program that will convert it from DVD to avi so I can post it on-line. Every free one so far has been clippy and choppy. The DVD looks really good though. :D
"The basic rule of human nature is that powerful people speak slowly and subservient people quickly -- because if they don't speak fast nobody will listen to them."
Rick

Use Handbrake

Post by Rick »

Download handbrake I use for all my Video to AVI,MKV Etc.
It's free free free
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Handbrake will not create a file using the AVI container. It will only create files using the MKV or MP4 containers. (Which are vastly superior to AVI)

Your problem lies in the fact that most of the compression codecs that are supported with the free AVI tools are CRAP.

Handbrake supports mpeg4 and h.264 which typically gives you the best image quality with very good compression. Usually better than anything free avi tools will give ya.

But enough of that. Just use handbrake and create a h.264 mkv instead.
http://handbrake.fr/
jgreeno

Video

Post by jgreeno »

Thanks guys. Working on it now. I will post it on the facebook site when I'm finished.
"The basic rule of human nature is that powerful people speak slowly and subservient people quickly -- because if they don't speak fast nobody will listen to them."
jgreeno

Video Editing

Post by jgreeno »

Thanks for the advise guys. I have got a nice copy of the dvd video to my computer. Now my windows movie maker keeps freezing and crashing.....ahhhhhh.

Does anybody know a good free video editing program, thats easy to use (like windows movie maker)?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Believe it or not, but in the windows world 'Windows Movie Maker' is the most recomended. The free ones are horible.

If your DV camera is somewhat recent it should have come with some software that should do your editing.

If that doesn't pan out then you maybe stuck with buying something.

The good news is Adobe Premiere Elements is cheap.
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/

You can always download the trial and do what you got to do.