New to the forum with a few questions

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

degrassi

Post by degrassi »

Thanks for the links and posting that. I understand the law much better now. Still makes me confused as to why the shops would advertise the scooters as "no motorcycle license needed" if the bike doens't meet those standards.

So, now I have some new questions about getting a Class 6 license. I know for driving, while you have your learners permit you can practice as long as as you have someone over 18 with a license in the car.How do you practice for a motorcycle license if you can't have someone with you?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Here is the index for the complete motorcycle handbook:

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFTRA_ ... ntents.htm
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

There's been a few with learners permits out on our group rides in Calgary. Group rides are a good for providing a variety of instructors and recounting different experiences and lessons learned. However, group rides also can teach bad habits in spades.

Groups ought to teach how to space out in a nice staggered formation but we're often overconfident or too comfortable in each other, thinking we can show off or assume the guy beside us knows how to take a corner. Others should be made aware that you're learning and should ride accordingly. You should heed any advice on how a group rides before going out with them. There are a variety of ways to keep a group ride safe and together.

But meeting up with the group, even if you don't ride with them can score you some contacts for instruction.
giddyup