Very unhappy with TNT

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Very unhappy with TNT

Post by LibertineAudrey »

After the 1 hour drive from Ardrossan to the near-impossible to find training lot for TNT, I was disappointed to find out that my instructor was not there to meet me. I phoned TNT and spoke to a woman there who said he should be there (yes, I know that...) and that she would call to find out where he was. So I waited a few minutes, called again, and she still didn't know. Well, I waited with the other woman taking the course until 6:30 (half an hour late). No one showed up, and in the meantime their phone number became inaccesible as well (just voice mail). Left my opinions in their voice mail and went on my hour long drive back home. They did call back while I was on my way home, and said they would refund my money or reschedule...I took the refund.

Their reasoning for not showing was that apparently we were booked for the 14th. The woman I was waiting with though said she had called this morning and confirmed, though. Obviously, I can't say that's a fact, but I have no reason to believe she was lying.

What a disappointing evening, and I wasted so much time. :x

Now I have to find another place to take training, and who knows when that might be, I know they book up so fast.

Cheers
redbike

Post by redbike »

Hey Audrey! I was able to book a three-hour private (one-on-one) for tomorrow evening (138.00, tax in) last Thursday, so there is stuff around. I don't know what TNT is, but thought there were only 2: Nait and ASF. Anyhow, I have the phone number for the Nait office if you want. John
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Alberta Safety Council might have space during the week. I know thier weekend courses fill up fast. Alberta Safety Concil's number is 462-7318.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Unfortunately, motorcycle course demand is seasonal. They have to book and run as many courses as they can during the spring and early summer. This means that businesses that are organizationally challenged run into trouble like this. NAIT and the ASC both have good reputations.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Hey Audrey, I did my three hour last night with NAIT. Two instructors and two students. They worked me like a dawg! Great and highly recommended. You would have to be prepared to ride their bikes (switched us off on a number of them) - they want you out of your comfort zone. Then you get to practice what you've learned on your own bike. Best 138.00 I've spent in a while. Very qualified, very kind/supportive, etc. Huge parking lot to work in (easy to find too....!) Redbike
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
LibertineAudrey

That's really cool red-bike-John. Thanks for the recommendation. Are they standard bikes? because my limited experience riding has been on my twist and go scooter, so I would need certain instructions if I am to use their bikes. Is that part of the course?
redbike

Post by redbike »

Sorry it took me the whole day to get back to you - I've been out....ahhh, well, you don't want to know (but I'm that much closer to 10K.....) Yes, first they had me on a Kawasaki cruiser (200cc or thereabouts) then on a clapped out Suzuki dirt bike and then on a really cool Yamaha dirt bike,225cc. These are all standard transmissions, but hey, I haven't ridden a standard bike for 25 years and it takes nano seconds to acclimate. Besides (and this is a big deal) they deliberately de-tune these things (clutches have long throws and brakes are not completely bled) sounds crazy, but they do it so that they are easier to ride and harder to drop. Absolutely no reaction from them when I stalled (and I did). They are there to help, and the skills you pick up will help you with your twist and go....no, really!!! Only when they felt I was ready did they put me on the Yamaha, which had great brakes and a shorter-throw clutch. Now, I'm not admitting that I was riding today (I'm trying to be sensitive to your present "condition" here :D) but if I WAS riding today, I was way more confident in traffic and had way better control of the machine. My point in the original post is that I was able to book the time within a week, ie, it wont take you long to get in. The personal attention just topped the cake.
Johnny Redbike.

LibertineAudrey

heh, it's okay, I think its great that people are riding even if I'm not, I don't get too upset too easily. I rode my pony yesterday, which is just as fun, so it's not so bad. ^_^ I will definately check it out. TNT has called to apologize and offer a rescehdule. I may take them up on it if they offer me a discount or something.