Nothing on the site for 2 whole days!!!!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

redbike

Nothing on the site for 2 whole days!!!!

Post by redbike »

Well, I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons: I just bought a brand new, shiny, red (of course!!!) 650VStrom for touring on! Won't get it for about 10 days. It's in the warehouse, though, and will be put together soon, along with Givi top, tank and panniers, heated grips, centre stand, and braided steel brake lines for the front. This will primarily be a tourer for me - I may still do my BC trip this summer on the GTS, but think I will be hard-pressed to pass up the additionl storage I will have on the wee-Strom. I plan to be gone for 2 weeks, so this will be an issue for me. Anyhow, will you guys still talk to me? :roll:
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

650 VStrom?

That's a scooter right?
redbike

Post by redbike »

Yup, except it has the floorboards cut away, and the gas tank has been moved, but only a little bit....ah shit, I knew you guys would shun me.... :cry:
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The club allowed me to bring the Ducati -- once -- so there is no problem with you bringing your Vstrom -- once -- too :-)

A very nice bike, a good choice for touring and a good choice as a "next" bike. Congratulations.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Thanks, John. If I may say so, it was quite a thrill to ride behind you on the Duck after that meeting, too. I followed you down Grierson hill and then turned up 1st Street. Great exhaust note on that thing and a real beauty!!
Johnny Redbike.

Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Congrates on the new ride, nothing like horsepower for touring......
If I get another it will be a ducati. It will be old, It will need work and money. I'm so happy for John, that ride is amazing.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Angelo wrote:... it will be a ducati. It will be old, It will need work and money.
Sigh...been there, done that.
I had a 74 Ducati GT750. I bought it in 1998. Insured it for a year. Road it about 6 times (mostly to the shop to get it repaired). Towed it on my trailer about 10 times (mostly to the shop to get it repaired). When the insurance ran out it sat. I would start it once in a while and ride it around the block. Did this for 3 years before I sold it. So the year I spent with insurance was spent fixing it. I couldn't afford the insurance after that (Damn ICBC). Ironically, the bike ran flawlessly after the insurance ran out.

I loved that bike.

My bike looked like this..but green.

I really wanted one of these and was planning on converting mine...I still think these are sexy.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Yeah, what is it about Italian style? They always seem to get it "right". I lusted after the new retro GT1000, but ultimately, it doesn't suit for what I need right now. Maybe later on I can pick up a used one. It surely is, though, the best of the retro units on the current market IMHO.
Johnny Redbike.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

redbike wrote:Yeah, what is it about Italian style? They always seem to get it "right".
Take another look at Angelo and you may change your tune.
:lol:

(sorry Angelo...couldn't resist)
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

When Ducati went and did this a couple years ago I thought I was in love again. I agree...best retro bike ever.

Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Frick I thinking I'm in love....does anyone know how many clams this beast costs?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi All
Give it up Angelo. Look at the seat, handlebar and gas tank postions. These are definitly geared to the long thin Italians...not the not so long and not so thin italians.

I love the Monster but she broke my heart because I just dont fit into the bike.

Keep the shiny side up all

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

13k if I remember correctly.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

jbcollier wrote:13k if I remember correctly.
That's like 17 million Lira...imagine writing that cheque. :wink:
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

coyoteran wrote:Hi All
Give it up Angelo. Look at the seat, handlebar and gas tank postions. These are definitly geared to the long thin Italians...not the not so long and not so thin italians.
I sat on one at the 06 bike show. Very sport-bike-like and nothing like the original GT's. It's a bit of a stretch to the bars. Maybe it's just the tank getting in the way of my belly...or is it the other way around? :?