Check out the Journal today

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Check out the Journal today

Post by LibertineAudrey »

It seems there's an article about the wonders of scooters, it also appears as though a certain club member graces one of the photos. ^_^

Pretty cool

Cheers
redbike

Post by redbike »

Yeah, there's also a video on the journal's online site, but they are having trouble with the sound, which now only runs part-way through the vid. Taking part in this was my "hair shirt" session for buying a.... well, let's just call it a not-so-much-scooter, and is done with the hope that the Crudes will (eventually....) forgive me my treachery :wink: Anyhow, it was a real blast to do and Scotty is a real fan of our sport. It never hurts to have people "on your team" as they say. He has regular contact with the mayor and members of counsel and is not afraid to advocate for causes in which he believes. The issue of parking, etc. are right up there on his own radar. Enjoy the notoriety, Crudes, and ride proud! :D
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

Good to see Redbike. I know we tried to contact Scott thru his journal email address a while back about our little social club but I don't know that he ever responded. Must get a lot of mail from the Slobs on Hogs re: the article from last year. All of whom have taken stupid global with their slagging of our local scribe.

Oh and regarding the large red scooter with the different floorboards, larger displacement, misplaced gas tank and larger wheels, I have already forgiven you. I have been looking at getting one of those since 2003 but haven't got the expendable cash yet. Still paying off the ET4.

Keep the shiney side up...both of them.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
redbike

Post by redbike »

I'll pass this along to him. Was there anything specific you wanted to raise with him, or just a "hi". I know that Dylan (TopGear) met with the mayor's e.a. a couple of weeks ago on the scooter parking issue, more to raise awareness than anything.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Great to see the article in the Journal. I never get it delivered anymore as the little ones take most of my spare home time at home, but tonight I went and picked one up. See you Sunday!

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Does anyone know the link to the article? Being stuck in the Armpit of Alberta, I tend to miss out on all the fun stuff. :cry:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Here is the story your looking for on the Journal.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Thanks Kevin!

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi Redbike
Nothing in particular to pass on. Just wanted him to know about our happy little gang here. We also contacted Shawn Bogner over on Sonic radio. He drives a PX150. Never hurts to cultivate a positive relationship with members of the media.

Keep the shiny side up.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
redbike

Post by redbike »

Coyoteran: He know, he knows...keep trying to get him out to a Sunday meeting, but he likes his Saturday evening beverages.....
Johnny Redbike.