Wanted: Series 3 Lambretta

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

david

Wanted: Series 3 Lambretta

Post by david »

As some of you already know I am looking for a Series 3 Lambretta, my preference would be a SX200, TV175/200, Li Special or Li S3 1963-1969. My thanks to Angelo, Aurdrey, John, Graham, Sara, and Kevin, for your assistance, advice, and direction so far. Individually you may think your contribution small, but collectively your help has been huge. I hope to find some way to show each of you my appriciation. Of course, VERY SPECIAL gratitude will be shown to the person that can help me bring home my dream ride. Thanks all.
Ska'D for Life
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

RSS, an easy way to search and keep tabs on the many sections of many forsale sections on websites like craigslist, kijiji, bargainfinder and others.

Get your self a RSS reader program.
http://reader.google.com/
http://www.rssreader.com/
http://www.feeddemon.com/
are just a few examples.

Lets use http://edmonton.en.craigslist.ca/ as our first example.
If you drill into the motorcycle section you will naturally get a list of motorbikes and items listed in the section. If you notice way down at the bottom of the page there is an orange and white RSS icon. This is what we are after. If you click on it, it will take ya to a page with what looks like a bunch of gobble gook. Trust me, its formatted in a special way so that the RSS readers listed above can read/sort/display it in a really good way.
http://edmonton.en.craigslist.ca/mca/index.rss

Take this link and subscribe to it in the RSS reader. The RSS programs will usually want you to copy/paste into a form for subscription. You can do this for each of the cities that you want to search and keep track of. You can even drill down a little bit further and enter a search term "lambretta" and that will be searched. But with all the misspellings and such you may not wish to do this.

rssreader and feeddemon get installed onto your computer so you can only do your searches and such from there. I personally like the google reader (asuming you have an account) as now its just a web page you can get into. Use it from home, your moms place, grandma's or even your smart phone if you have one.

This can take away some of the pain of searching craigslist, kijiji and others everyday. If you take a little bit of time to set it all up. Of course this method will NOT work with scoot.net

But to change the topic a little bit. Have you seen this yet?
http://scoot.net/classifieds/forsale.html?id=26462
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

You wouldn't want it to work for scoot.net anyways or you would miss all the nonsense about scammers and gay scooter clubs. :D

Cool info, Kevin
All hail Emperor Kang!
david

Post by david »

Wow! thank-you Kevin, that should really speed-up the search. I wish I had spoke to you sooner. Also, regarding the SX200 on Scoot.net, I would have been happy to buy his Lammy if he was asking a more reasonable price. I did spot it within 45 min. of posting, thanks for the heads-up though. I owe you Kevin.
Ska'D for Life
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It won't really speed it up, it just makes it almost tolerable.

I know, the guy is asking near $7500 , seems like alot at first, BUT, for a model were there were only 20-21k made it might be worth that price to someone. Plus depending on what was actually gone through at Casa, it might be actually worth it. Keep the search on, something interesting is bound to pop up eventually.

Are you after Stock, stock as close as possible to stock or are open to mods or resto work?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

david wrote:Wow! thank-you Kevin, that should really speed-up the search. I wish I had spoke to you sooner. Also, regarding the SX200 on Scoot.net, I would have been happy to buy his Lammy if he was asking a more reasonable price. I did spot it within 45 min. of posting, thanks for the heads-up though. I owe you Kevin.
Don't forget that the SX200 IS the most sought after model to any Lambretta nut....
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
david

Post by david »

Hey Kevin, I would love to find a S3 Lammy that is original down to the paint. But I am realistic, and would be happy with something close to that. A nice restoration or something that is near complete that I could bring back to life would also be considered. Thanks for the question.
Ska'D for Life
LibertineAudrey

In the members only section of the LCUSA forums, someone is wanting to trade a TV200 for a Targa twin + shipping for both bikes. Just thought I'd throw that out there incase you had a targa twin floating around.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Just so you know a TargaTwin is a motor and its not cheap by any means. Think like 15k cheap.
LibertineAudrey

Heh, I just repost what I read. :D
All hail Emperor Kang!
david

Post by david »

Thank-you both for the info, the SX200 is starting to look good. So Kevin is an Ape less expensive than a Targa twin? :wink: I will have to look in my garage to see what I've got to trade :P
Ska'D for Life
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Much less :)