S3 Lambretta found in USA but...

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

david

Post by david »

Anyone entertaining bringing in a scoot from the U.S. may I suggest that you bring more documentation than you think you will need. I was armed with a file full of documents, everthing from the bank statement showing transfer of funds, photo copy of the ad, to ads of similar priced scoots (for tax purposes). In the end all they wanted to see was the title and bill of sale, but I had a file full of stuff and they could see that. I benefited greatly from the advice of many people, and I'm sure it would not have gone as smoothly with out thier help. My thanks to Graham, Audrey, Kevin, Angelo, John C. Sarah, John W., Shannon, and Igor. You guys are stars. Thank-you so much for all you have done.
Last edited by david on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ska'D for Life
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

david wrote:Anyone entertaining bringing in a scoot from the U.S. may I suggest that you bring more documentation than you think you will need. I was armed with a file full of documents, everthing from the bank statement showing transfer of funds, photo copy of the ad, to ads of similar priced scoots (for tax purposes). In the end all they wanted to see was the title and bill of sale, but I had a file full of stuff and they could see that. I benefited greatly from the advice of many people, and I'm sure it would not have gone as smoothly with out thier help. My thanks to Graham, Audrey, Kevin, Angelo, John C. Sarah, John W. and Igor. You guys are stars. Thank-you so much for all you have done.
How many time's did you shuffle through those papers? I lost track at about 100....glad your happy David, you suffered enough, now the good times begin!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
david

Post by david »

Oh, you know it Angelo. Every time I pulled out "The Lambretta File" it was getting fatter and fatter. I knew an intervention was in order; but I had waited so long and put so much into it, that I wanted to be sure if they asked for something I would have it. So yeah, at least 100 times Angelo :shock:
Ska'D for Life
david

Post by david »

Ok, this Sunday Oct. 23, at 12 noon my garage will be open for anyone that whats to see what all the fuss was about with this Lammy-visable displays of disappointment are not permited :| This Li 150 Special has been stored for 40 years, so I don't think we will be starting her up :cry: But I will have something else to provide for your pleasure. I will post my address in the "Private Club Area" accessable to Crude City Club Members only. If you are not a Club Member (hey, why not?) PM or email me and I will send you my address. Bring your scoots around to the back alley (I'm the 2nd house in) if you like, and park on the driveway.
Ska'D for Life
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Diamond in the rough baby! Mine was a "oh shit" reaction as well when the crate was opened. Time, money, patience and you will be a happy man....

- Dustin Kott-
david

Post by david »

"A diamond" indeed, Angelo. I'm happy that it's all there, with the exception of two minor, and easily obtainable badges. As well, there is only a couple of small dings-hardly noticeable. Even more surprising, this Lammy only has 1,423 miles on the clock-it's just "broken-in" after 44 years :shock:
Ska'D for Life
david

Post by david »

My thanks to all that were brave enough to scoot over with a temperature around 7 C. It was fun having cappuccino's, beer, and even chinotto 8) , while chatting about scooters and all things important in the world today. It is surprising what can happen when one opens thier garage door; a fellow driving by stops to look at the scoots. I meet him in the alley, he asks if I belong to the scooter club (yes) and do I know I guy named Graham? (Graham knows everone!) So, Reed had met Graham once, while Graham was at IGA with his Vespa. Turns out Reed lives a few blocks away, so he stopped for a quick visit, and then returns later with his vintage moped-very cool. I was busy making cappuccino's, so I did not catch the make of Reed's moped. Anyone...? Also, got some good ideas regarding the paint or what's left of it anyway, Surface rust has taken hold, so for now I will try to halt or at least slow the progression, while attempting to bring the paint back to life. I will "live with it":-) for a year or two, before making any decisions about painting it.
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

oooo oooo oooh, pick me, pick me! i remember...

a Peugeot 101 it was.

and

I think the scoot was worth the wait.
At least ya got some stories to come along with it.
Thats half the fun too.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I agree with Kevin. Worth the wait. I won't say that I have forgotten the pain that I went through, but it feels like forever ago. The seat alone was worth all the stress :D

Nice bike, very straight, tons of potenial, very happy for you dude
Last edited by Angelo on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Dustin Kott-
david

Post by david »

Pain, what pain??? :wink: It's all a distant memory. From the moment I received the last document needed ten days ago, I have not stopped grinning. The closer I got to Montana, the bigger the smile. It is amazing how quickly all the painful moments fade, when you end-up with a positive out come. And the seat, it really is in remarkable condition for its age-sorry Angelo, you are a good friend, but you still can't have it :P
Ska'D for Life
david

Post by david »

Oh, and I have stories Kevin. That alone was worth the price of admission.
How can you beat that, great stories to go with a great Lambretta, all for one low price.
Ska'D for Life
david

Post by david »

Here is the first person to ride my new scoot, I think I'm jealous; though he does look good on it 8)
Attachments
Talen.jpg
Ska'D for Life
kenvb

scooter

Post by kenvb »

I have bought 6 bikes from the US now, everyone has to have a letter from a dealer saying there are no recalls on this bike.

as for using ebay for buyer protection..thats BS..I paid for a bike advertized in ebay as good running condition,,had a friend pick it up,brakes were seized,motor didnt run,battery dead ..it hadnt run in years,,Ebay never even replyed to my many emails..fortunately my friend resold it down there,saving me a trip and lots of expense..
it pays to have someone look at it before you pay for it,if possible..
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

If the bike is over 15 years old, you do not need all the falderal required for newer bikes. No model restrictions, no recall letter, etc...