Just a quick second hello.

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

DoesDerbiCount?

Just a quick second hello.

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

I just wanted to say it was a pleasure to sit and ride with everyone I met on Sunday and I hope to be coming as often as I can.

Derbi Dan.

P.S. This is the first time I realized "Derbi Dan" rolls off the tongue.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey Dan,
Nice to meet you as well, I'm sure there will be many miles spent together...

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Yaaaa!! Another Derbi rider. I won't feel so alone once my scoot is up and running. :roll: Sorry I missed everyone on the weekend, but I was stuck in the Armpit of Alberta. :cry:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Shannon,
What is the situation with your scoot? Has the part showed up? are you going to try and get the inspection done in Edm? Enquiring minds want to know! :D

Ciao
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Likewise, Dan! And when you meet the one from St. Paul, she has a thing about armpits....!

Will look forward to hearing what your "deal" from Argyll looks like, too. Keep me posted.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

*sigh* no news yet! This is the start of week 5 without a scoot and I'm starting to get a little (okay alot) frustrated. I did however, get a mechanic friend to look at the back shock and he confirmed what I was told in Calgary. The shock is gone and needs to be replaced. So I'm wondering if the hold up is because the parts person needs to mine for minerals to make the metal, forge the steel that can be made into a shock, etc. (note the scarasim in the last comment.)

In the interim I have contacted Top Gear to see if they had a shock in stock to speed up the process. They did not have a shock in stock, but will look into delivery time for a new one. So we will see what Top Gear can do for me. (I know there has been rumors of challenges with them, but how challenging can it be to get a part.) They seemed eager to help as they are hoping I will bring the bike to them for the OPI.

Once the part arrives, I'll be doing the inspection in Edmonton and will be riding that same day, weather permiting.

Right now, I get to admire the scoot sitting in the garage, looking pretty and whine to Vespa Kelowna about the lack of part and our upcoming rally in 5ish weeks. I try to stress how bad it would look to be at our rally without a scoot. Everyone will think I'm a scooter wantabe. :wink:

Re: Armpits ... no fetish, just a city girl stuck in a very small town with nothing to entertain me besides the antics of my grade 2's. 6 weeks until summer vacation!
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
redbike

What, no armpit fetish????

Post by redbike »

I'm trying to increase the allure of this site...work with me baby, work with me.... :lol:
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Shannon,

Can you get me the part number that you require? Maybe I or a club member can source a part? You just never know....

I know the frustrations of waiting for parts, you are just sitting in limbo...

Ciao
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

So today is looking better and better. I just recieved an email from Ron. The part has arrived at Vespa Kelown and they will be shipping it to me via Purolator asap. :D

Could I persuade the repair fairies to visit my scoot in Sherwood Park sometime this weekend? (Either Friday night after dinner or Saturday morning. I'm going to see if I can set up an OPI appointment for Saturday afternoon.)

Shannon
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I know I offered before but this weekend is a NO No for me......my back yard is in shambles and I have a date with a shovel Friday night, then it's my Saturday to work this week. Sorry Shannon and Great news on the part! Yipppppppeee

Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

I'm in the process f trying to get a straight answer out of the gentleman who is supposed to arrange that deal from Argyll. However you'll know as soon as I do!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi Shannon

Will have to check with the boss but I think I am free on Friday. To be honest I am much better at these things if there is a manual or a set of instructions but it is worth a shot.

Did you find out if any special tools are are required. Do you have any tools at the scooters current residence.

Let me know.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Sorry, I am smoking busy for the next while. however, changing a rear shock is usually a very simple job. Take the shock with you to the OPI and ask them to change at the same time.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I think I'm going to take John's advice and have them install it at the OPI. I would feel extremely guilty Trevor if you drove from Morinville to Sherwood Park. It is an awfully long drive for what Ron (Vespa Kelowna) has advised is a 10 minute job, although I do appreciate the offer. :)

Hopefully the part arrives tomorrow so I can get my scoot up and running this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

Shannon
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I'll warn Edmonton's drivers that you will be on the road soon.

:-)