Just a quick second hello.

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'd venture a guess that NO one will even notice your Ride Shannon as all they will see is your BIG SMILE! :D

Can't wait....Yipppeee!

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi Shannon

No worries about the drive/ride. Remember, I am the guy who drove an ET4 from Morinville to Saskatoon to deliver a computer. The ride to the job site is usually what makes the job worthwhile. :D

Good luck with your OPI and if you do need a hand my offer still stands.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Even though I don't have the part yet, the perma-grin is hard to wipe off my face. My coworkers just roll their eyes at me right now when they find out what I'm doing for the weekend. :roll:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
redbike

Post by redbike »

Are you a happy girl yet? Is it done :?:
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

My coworkers just roll their eyes at me right now when they find out what I'm doing for the weekend.
Uh yeah, get used to that. The folks I work with still haven't quite got their head around it. And its goin on three years now. The comments I get range from "So when are you moving up to a real bike" to "Awwwe, thats so cute. Does your wife know you stole her bike?" And the oh so popular...."Whatchya doin this weekend Vespaboy?"

And I shrug, smile and say..."Enjoying life. How about you?" or "See you at the gas station....oh wait..no I won't." :twisted:

Keep the shiny side up all

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Do I see a limited edition VESPA BOY patch in the works? :D

I talk to people all over the country including the states in my line of work from Florida, Texas, Arizona,California, you name it! and Yes I get the off colour remarks as well.....Even had one Wise-Ass shipper ask me about my moped everyday.....but I got the final laugh as I cut him off for 2 weeks.....

In the end we all get the Final laugh because of our permi-smile...

Ciao
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Sigh, no it's not done yet. :cry:

It turns out the part was sent expressed post instead of sent by purolator. The good news is it will be delivered to my school by Wednesday no later.

I will probably have more eyes rolled sent my way and comments about owning a real bike. What they don't know is that I'm educating future generations about scooters. All my students asked Santa for a scooter at Christmas and I have no idea why. :lol: It might be the picture of my scoot on my computer or that I keep talking about it.

In the meantime, I'm trying to book a OPI with Argyll Motorsports for next Friday or Saturday. If everything works out she should be ready for her maiden ride on Sunday after our club meeting.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
redbike

Post by redbike »

well then, here's hoping we see your smilin' face on Sunday :D With any luck, it'll be a nice day for a ride. Picked up the NVIS for my new steed today, and had a look at the paniers and top case they brought in for me -all looking good. Still no firm delivery date set as there are some odds and ends still not in. (I feel your anticipation/pain!)
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Guess what???? The shock arrived today at my school!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm driving to Edmonton to get the shock installed and my OPI done on Friday! Keep your fingers crossed that my scoot passes the OPI and I can get plates on her for the weekend.

I can't wait to ride. And yes, Angelo, I have a great big grin on my face right now!

Shannon
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Here's hoping the installation and OPI go smoothly, good luck with all of that. ^_^

Cheers