Chrome

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Chrome

Post by LibertineAudrey »

So I've wanted some/a lot of chrome pieces for a while now, and I can't seem to get Topgear interested in letting me spend schwacks of cash there. So now I'm wondering, what are my options to get some chrome? any reputable websites I can order from? Is putting it on myself a good or bad idea? Warranty issues?

Cheers,
Audrey
redbike

Post by redbike »

ScooterMD (Faststuff) in B.C. has a good rep. Check out their site!
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi Audrey
Are you talking about fender guards and leg shield guards or the front fender/headset/wheel cover type of chrome. I have dealt with http://scooterpartsdirect.com/ and the guys in the club have had mixed experieces with empire.

Scooterworks has a really good site to shop on but I have never dealt with them. http://www.scooterworks.com/Vespa_GTS_Parts_C257.cfm

Some of the guards have to be drilled into the frame so that might affect any warranty on the finish.

Either way, guards are a sure sign of modiotosis. A tragic disease that leads to excessive mirrors, chrome and (gasp) checkerboard patterns on your windscreen. :D

Keep the ever shinier side up.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
LibertineAudrey

Heh, thanks for the tips. I think my scooter is too new for anything super mod, though I love the thought of about a million mirrors on it.

I've seen some chrome that just "clips" on, but I'm not sure how practical or pleasing to the eye that would be in reality.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Audrey,

This is the link to shop on line. ScooterMD closed his shop last year when he was forced to find another location, th elocation he was at is no more, it will be future condo's for the olympics. If you find what you like it's delivered to your door, and shipping is reasonable, he sometimes can get special order stuff for you. I have been dealing with him since 1998.

http://fastuff.com

In a pinch Igor might have a few mirrors laying around! hahaha
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

My favourite Vespa mail order place bar none is Vespa Motor Sports. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff and tons in stock. Their site is:

http://www.scooterwest.com/

Phoning is the best way to order.
Last edited by jbcollier on Thu May 24, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Vespa motorsports rocks....I was lucky enough to visit them in San Diego last fall....great bunch of people and Alex promises good service and delivers....and they have a bunch of vintage parts for us old folks.......nicey nice!

Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
furnaceman

Post by furnaceman »

i would go with vespa motorsports myself i just placed an over the phone order and they were easy to talk to and super nice.

Bruce...
LibertineAudrey

Well, Vespamotorsports has all the pieces I want (and quite a few I didn't know I wanted, but now do). My next question is...if I order these, how easy are they to install with out doing massive amounts of damage to myself or my scooter? I need to take off my reflectors inorder to install them, can I do that without damaging them?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I have an Idea....buy all the goodies. Then we ride to your place and install everything, take lots of pictures of you in all the mirrors (using a soft focus lens to accentuate the romance that you have with your scoot :D ) and then we do donuts with Bruces scooter in your pasture lands...

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

There's lots of threads at Modern Vespa on this stuff. When you remove your reflectors you will have the holes to deal with - cover/leave, etc. The front guard is just a plug 'n play, easy peasy. The rear crash guards, you will have to shave a bit off your air filter cover (plastic - dremmel would work). What else were you thinking, mirror girl :D
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'm up for Angelo's idea. :D
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
redbike

Post by redbike »

ya, the pasturized doughnuts for sure.
Johnny Redbike.

LibertineAudrey

You know what, that's only a deal if you guys promise to avoid terrorizing my horses. ^_^ And I'm still not sure about the mirrors, but the chrome is a go for sure.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I think you need a second opinion Audrey, give Igor a call :D

- Dustin Kott-