Fender replacement

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

ScarletBee

Fender replacement

Post by ScarletBee »

hi all,

can anybody tell me what it takes to put on a new front fender on the 250? some kids were throwing tires off the roof at don wheaton's last night, i ran right into one and it ripped the fender right off the scooter. i was lucky i didn't go down.

any help will be very much appreciated. top gear said they might have a fender in stock.
imagine no more winters...
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Tia,
That's just crazy! I can't believe that happened to you....I'm glad that you were able to keep it upright, that could have been pretty bad....the scooter gods were looking down at you.

I'm not sure how the newer bikes are put together, with the old ones you have to remove the fork.....

Glad your ok. Scooters can be rebuilt....

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Did the cops get called?
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
ScarletBee

Post by ScarletBee »

the cops came out and took eyewitness statements and such. then it started raining. i did not enjoy myself.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Young fuckwads, the trouble with youts is they just don't think; and the more they consume the less so.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I am sorry to hear about this Tia. I hope the front fender was the only damage. It should be too hard to change but I would have to look at your bike first.

Oops, "shouldn't be too hard..."
Last edited by jbcollier on Thu May 31, 2007 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletBee

Post by ScarletBee »

i think i'm just going to get top gear to do it. apparently it invoves taking out the fork, bleeding the brakes and on and on...

they have the parts and can do it thursday, so i'll be ready to go for the weekend.