In Other Two Wheel News

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

david

In Other Two Wheel News

Post by david »

Victoria, B.C.'s Ryder Hesjedal won the Giro d' Italia yesterday and beat out Rodriguez by 15 seconds (on stage 21 he gained about 45 seconds in the indavidual time trial on the final day of racing).

He also survived many attacks on the final and most grueling mountian stage (20), with about 44 miles of climbing over 5 mountain passes (one section had a 20% grade) including the fabled Passo Dello Stelvio; second highest paved pass in Europe.

This is a big deal, because Ryder Hesjedal is the first Canadian to win the Giro d' Italia.

GO RYDER!!!
Ska'D for Life
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

He has also placed 6th in last year's Tour de France. Unlikely he'll do as well this year though as the Giro and the TdF are too close together for proper recovery.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Great day for Canada. I do have a question/statement what ever you want to call it! In these events when ever a rider from another country wins they are refered to as French, Italian, from the USA, etc, but in this case every article that I have read about this victory never states that a Canadian won the race, he is always refered to as the Rider from Victoria B.C..... I guess that Island is its own country now?? Hummm?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Most of the English ex-pats living there think so.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

The good money had him not competing in the TdF anyway because it was too close to the olympics. Olympics once every 4 years. TdF once every year. Easy decision.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The course in London is suited to sprinters -- surprise, surprise, Mark Cavendish (Manxman, Englishman) is the top sprinter these days. Not much chance for Ryder.