Edmonton Eco-Solar Home Tour this Saturday June 9th 12-4pm

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

Paul S

Edmonton Eco-Solar Home Tour this Saturday June 9th 12-4pm

Post by Paul S »

I just wanted to let you know about an event happening this weekend if you are interested in renewable energy building practices. The Edmonton Eco-Solar group has arranged a self-guided tour this weekend of 12 homes in and around Edmonton.

The Eco Solar Home Tour Society of Alberta is an organization that organizes free open house style tours of homes and businesses that display practical and timely examples of sustainability including: renewable energy (solar, wind, and geothermal), energy security, energy efficiency, water efficiency, low emission technologies and natural landscaping. You can see how homes and businesses are reducing their utility bills while increasing the quality of our air.

My house is #7 on the tour (here is the full list: http://ecosolar.ca/open_houses.html). I recently installed 12 solar panels on my new garage through the Enmax Generate Choice program ( http://www.generatechoice.ca/ ) and am one of the first 100 homes in Edmonton with the technology. Enmax is hoping to install 9000 of these systems across the province with this program.

So if you are interested you can drop by my house or any/all of the houses on the tour to get information on all of the technologies available and how they are working in homes in Edmonton.

Feel free to spread the word about this tour. Thanks and hopefully I will see some of you this weekend! Plus I will set aside some scooter parking at the back of the house on my new driveway. Just drive around to the back alley and you will see the garage with the solar panels. You can see my garage from the T-intersection at 63 ave and 111st.

Hope to see some of you drop by.

Paul
david

Post by david »

I would much rather do that than work but, I have little choice :(
Ska'D for Life
gaburley

Solar done wrong, but it sure is fun

Post by gaburley »

I have always wanted to go on the Solar Tour but I would feel so inadequate, my system is held together with prayer and hope. I am just too stubborn to learn to do it right, mind you if you want to see an accident waiting to happen I will post video of my setup. It is however a great hobby.

Keep green
Glenn
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

Nobody said it was about feeling inadequate! Next year just go get other ideas - so many different technologies demonstrated.

We even got to see a home inverter signed by David Suzuki!
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms