Message sorting order

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin

Message sorting order

Post by Kevin »

Ok folks, i thought there was an option in your profile that controls the order to view the posts in a topic, but at it stands i was mistaken.

There are 3 different things i'm going to note that might make your life easier

But for you die hards who really don't want to do things the correct way I'll look into changing the source code of the forums to let you make your own descision. Keep in mind this will not happen over night as I will have to do actual work with the code.

1st. When you are at the forum index (main page) near the top right side of the screen you will find a View posts since last visit link. Naturally this will display all topics that folks have added to since your last visit. Its an easy way to discover what on the forum is new since you were last here.

2nd. When you are viewing the forum topics and there have been messages posted in the topic since your last visit to the forums it will display an Image on the left you can click on. If you click on the image it will take you to the message that you last read on your previous visit to the forums. If there are no new messages in that topic the image will not show up.

3rd. And on the right side of the topic it will show you who posted the last message in that topic. There is also an Image you can click on to take you to the last message in that topic.
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

One or more of those options would be cool because I dont visit this forum daily, so I spend a lot of time looking to see if I missed anything in each thread when I do log on....and that time saved could be better spent posting lude things on the VCoC forum :D
Yeah...whatever
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

All three options have been there since day one.