Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

Article

Post by Angelo »

�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

"And with soaring gas prices and rising summer temperatures, that sexy wind-blown hair will match well with the designer shoes a fuller wallet might afford. "

Sexy wind-blown hair is a typo...it should read "that sexy smooshed flat helmet hair"

^_^

Good read, thanks Angelo

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
redbike

Post by redbike »

Great article, Angelo, thanks for posting it. In the current issue of RoadRunner magazine for tourers ( :lol: ) there is an article which discusses a recent study commissioned by the City of New York, done to try to come up with some long term plans to combat vechicular crowding in Manhattan. In part the study found that by increasing scooters only 20%, so scooters 20, 80% cars and trucks as exist now, would yield a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions by over 26,000 tons (yup, tons) per year, a decrease in fuel consumption by over 2.5 million gallons per year and a total savings for New your City of more than 122 million per year in fuel and labour productivity. These figures were expressed as being "conservative" as it did not factor in that two scoots can occupy a single lane side-by-side as is permitted under New York law.

I've said it before; "ride proud, Crudes, ride proud"! Media interview with CBC confirmed today for later on this week. I'll be flying the flag!
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

redbike wrote:I've said it before; "ride proud, Crudes, ride proud"! Media interview with CBC confirmed today for later on this week. I'll be flying the flag!
Johnny do give us all the time of the show so we can tune in!

I did my own test, with only riding my scoot 3 times per week to work and about, the tank of gas in my car lasted 3 weeks!! There is proof in the pudding!

Cheers
Last edited by Angelo on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Smooshed hair is Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cooler! :D

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

What is this "hair" thing of which you speak? Is it a strange and mythical beast? While the term is vaguely familiar to me I cannot come up with its meaning.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
redbike

Post by redbike »

coyoteran wrote:What is this "hair" thing of which you speak? Is it a strange and mythical beast? While the term is vaguely familiar to me I cannot come up with its meaning.

Trevor
I haven't the foggiest idea what she's on about, although a long long time ago, in a much different time, I seem to recall....no, I'm just having another flashback.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi John

So whats the story on the CBC spot. Live spot or recorded for later playback? Inquiring minds want to know.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
redbike

Post by redbike »

Apprarently recorded for later play back. Radio. Will get more details on broadcast details when I meet with her tomorrow. I think her angle is "living the urban scooter lifestyle". She had some general questions for me over the phone and then asked to meet, which of course, I agreed to do. Will cover the rally, club etc.
Johnny Redbike.

DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

I realize that more riders is only a good thing. However, at the same time I can't help but feel like we're going to lose some of the "family" feeling. It will no longer be an exclusive thing, and then before you know it, Vespas won't wave to Derbis and a Honda Jazz will have it's own >70lbs scooter club... We'll end up like motorcyclists with a rift between us and all the members of the Crude City Scooter club before "The Boom" will have to meet secretly to save face! :shock:

Or it could always just be more fun... :P

Dan
redbike

Post by redbike »

Nooo, we'll just have reunification sessions and counselling; you know, celebrating scooter differences and all...
Johnny Redbike.