Yup, definitely dropped on his head at birth

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Yup, definitely dropped on his head at birth

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Everyone,

You are not going to believe this, but I thought I had one more weekend before the rally! Jeez, my mental state is getting rather precarious.

So,

I have taken the week off work (mostly) to finish up odds and sods about the house. First priority is Oliver's scoot. If all the planets are in alignment, and packages arrive in a timely manner, it might be ready.

I also have to change the clutch in mine, no big deal, but there is also the ignition too. If the Vespatronic doesn't arrive in time, I will just swap in a new (onhand) CDi box.

If Oliver's is just not to be, then he can ride mine and I'll ride the Duckling, he says while duckling for cover!
Last edited by jbcollier on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

John,
I know it's hard not to stress sometimes, but it will all work out, Of this I'm sure of, How? you say? well I'm connected! and me people tell me it will all be good!

I have had 2 weeks from hell with work and stuff that I have pressured myself to get done, so I guess I can relate. I have managed to squeeze in another 20 hrs of prep work on my lambretta project over the past 2 weeks in my spare time! :roll: along with all my other projects! The parts have been repacked into box's and should be back at the painters in a few days. I swear that the next time these parts are back in my shop they will be painted and ready for a slow assembly process.....5 years, 2 back to back projects are wearing me thin, but hopefully next spring project Special X will be on the road.

I can't wait to see Olivers ride on the road another small frame brought back to life!

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Oliver's is 99% back together. There are just a few odds and sods to sort out and then to the OPI. It has got to be 100% for the OPI, close is not good enough. Dennis has come through with some hard to find locally, bulbs and what not. I only remembered at the last moment that it has to have a mirror even if it didn't come with one originally. If need be, I will pilfer components off Orange Crush'd to get it though the OPI.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

You should book the OPI as soon as possible. When I was booking an OPI for my scoot there was about a 2 - 3 week waiting period, that is if you didn't pull the girl card and sound like you were going to cry. :twisted:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:Oliver's is 99% back together. There are just a few odds and sods to sort out and then to the OPI. It has got to be 100% for the OPI, close is not good enough. Dennis has come through with some hard to find locally, bulbs and what not. I only remembered at the last moment that it has to have a mirror even if it didn't come with one originally. If need be, I will pilfer components off Orange Crush'd to get it though the OPI.
John,
In a pinch I have a clip on unit I can lend you and oliver, without having to dismantle Orange Crush'd. let me know. You have my numbers..

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Only three troublesome areas left: speedo, electrics and gas tank.

Speedo works when I spin the cable by hand and the cable turns when I spin the wheel. I think the cable may be just a tad too short. That is an easy swap from Crush'd if need be.

Waiting on a battery to find out if horn and lights work correctly. Brake light switches and horn are unknowns right now. Battery should be here today, I hope!

Tank is out getting coated and should be ready for Friday. That is an easy swap from Crush'd too.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Speedo lives! Battery is in! I pick up the gas tank tomorrow! Minor soldering on the light switch and she is off for its OPI. I had to pillage a front brake light switch off my bike; not bad everything considered.

Whew!

I got the new clutch in Orange Crush'd. Hooks right up with no slipping. This thing really hauls now. Still the igntion to sort.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Everything is done now on Oliver's scoot and it is at Cycle Works awaiting an OPI. They are very busy so we will have to see. Hopefully by Friday. Only one area of concern left and that is a sticking throttle. I have no parts so hopefully it will pass regardless. Otherwise I will have to fabricate something up but not for this weekend.

Runs just fine though the idle jet is too large. Again something to fix after the weekend. Looks absolutely wicked!

Vespatronic is in too! Just have to pick it up at the UPS depot. Should have it installed tomorrow and blowing the doors off the 250s the next day. Two sparks for every power stroke. It's like having a twin, right?

:-)
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

yay! ^_^ (I'm seriously finding everything to be so freakin' exciting this week)
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Great news John. I'm not the kind to Guy to say "I told you so", but I did say that my information was accurate....DIDN"T I!? :lol:

I know how much hard work that you have put into both those small frames, and I'm to hear that so far it has all worked out....fantastico!

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

It is installed! Why settle for plain old electronic ignition when you can have

VESPATRONIC !!

Personally I would have called it Super Vespatronic for the bird, plane, etc riff.

Dang that flywheel is so light I had to weight it down so it wouldn't blow away in the wind; no word of a lie (at least not too many). Even better, the flywheel is orange so now I look to be a tosser who paints his engine parts to match the vehicle.

No word yet on the OPI.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Do you have any brake calipers that we can paint a brillant red? I'll bring the brembo decals! :lol:

Glad to hear that the Vespatronic is that good. I still haven't made up my mind 100% but i was leaning heavily towards a lightened flywheel as well.
That's for making my mind up for me!

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Do you have any brake calipers that we can paint a brillant red? I'll bring the brembo decals! :lol:

Glad to hear that the Vespatronic is that good. I still haven't made up my mind 100% but i was leaning heavily towards a lightened flywheel as well.
That's for making my mind up for me!

Cheers
Angelo

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

YAHOO!!

Oliver's scoot passed its OPI. They had trouble making the horn work but I showed them repeated beeps and they were happy. Few minor things to sort out but nothing that can't wait unitl after the rally is over.

Wow, is that ever a load off my mind.

------

Lightened flywheels

Good side

- engine is much more responsive and picks up revs quite a bit quicker (heaps of fun)

Bad side:

- engine loses momentum easily due to small rises or wind gusts
- harder to start off from a stop. Needs more revs and throttle to get moving.
- higher idle speed required
- harder to be "smooth"
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:YAHOO!! Oliver's scoot passed its OPI

Excellent!

- Dustin Kott-