Lotus Help

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

If I could get a new front crossmember, no. As you can see below, it's pretty tough:

http://s250.beta.photobucket.com/user/j ... pa%20frame

Unfortunately, Lotus has shut down the folks who were remaking the frames. Now you can only buy from them, only complete frames and it ain't cheap!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I may have found a frame in a place just north of Seattle WA: only 13 hrs away. That's better than the 19 hrs to Minneapolis as it saves 10 hrs on the round trip. I'll see photos this weekend.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Saw the photos, looks good, and the price is reasonable at $750US. Budget another $750 travelling expenses (probably less) and it still sounds reasonable. I'll talk to Bert Monday and arrange for a three day dash there and back again soon.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

When i brought the TV175 home it was shipped forward air to Kent, just south of Seattle. I caught a last minute flight sale Sunday afternoon to Vancouver, rented/reserved a Dakota from the airport just as i left (rental good in Washington and BC). Drove down to Kent Sunday evening. Picked up the scoot Monday morning. Drove back to Vancouver, did the border thing, then to my buddies at Antler Express an had them get it back to Edmonton for me. I had an agreement with them that there was no rush to get the scoot back to Edmonton, when ever they had room was good with me. At the time i think they had 1 or 2 trucks back and forth each week. Then caught a Monday evening flight back home. Just over week later it showed up here in Edmonton.

Flights back and forth were 99 each way, truck rental was 180, hotel in Kent was 55 and a tank of gas + a little bit. I think the flight ticket taxes were another 100.

At the time i thought it was better than the 3000km drive in a crappy HD Chev 2500 work truck i had at the time.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Do you want me to ask the carriers I deal with to see if they have room?
would be a hellava lot cheaper. No hassle and brought right to my place of work if it works out...
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Hmm, good advice Kevin.

It's in a funny place, Angelo, Snohomish, WA. About 30 miles north and east of Seattle. I'd be delighted if it were possible but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'll check on Monday

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Angelo wrote:I'll check on Monday
It would seem you jinx'd me sir. Talked to 5 carriers. No luck.

I guess you are going on a road trip!

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I didn't hold my breath, no worries. Thanks for checking.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

S2 frame rendition is set for Tuesday, January 22: one day down and one or two days back.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Trailer or roof rack?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Roof, it only weighs 80 lbs.