More Lotus Help: Blue or Red

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

More Lotus Help: Blue or Red

Post by jbcollier »

Hi Everyone,

I am on the horns of a dilemma: blue or red?

Blue:

http://lotus-europa2.com/vinpics/460202-1/a.jpg

http://lotus-europa2.com/picview.asp?page=460202-1

Red:

http://lotus-europa2.com/picview.asp?page=460089

Fortunately I am not in a rush but decision day is getting closer. My Europa's original colour is the red (carnival red). However, in my line of work we see a lot of red sports cars, too many in fact. It all gets a bit tiresome

I am partial to the blue (French Blue) which is a correct colour for the year of my car. However, the mantra in my business is to always, always, always paint it the original colour. Also, red outsells any other colour many time over.

What to do?

Here are the other original colours for the model year if you are curious:

http://www.lotus-europa.com/colors.html (LO1 to LO7)

I'd appreciate your thoughts...
redbike

Post by redbike »

Red. Though you won't thank me for saying so!
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

I appreciate straight shooting.

Thanks
david

Post by david »

Lotus Yellow is interesting.
Ska'D for Life
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Come on! Really? British racing green is the ONLY colour for this thing.

My .03 only because I am pushy. :)

T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Unfortunately Trevor, Europas look funny in BRG, or any other dark colour like black, etc*. Google Lotus Europa british racing green and click on the image link and you'll see what I mean.

David, they do look good in yellow but there are so many yellow Lotuses all ready.

Cheers

* Actually, Europas look funny/odd period. Dark colours just make it worse.
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

I like the French blue if its between blue and red. But I think my favourite from all the colours on that one page was Colorado Orange.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Digging the blue myself. Not a fan of Red. White would be my 2nd choice.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Paul S wrote:I like the French blue if its between blue and red. But I think my favourite from all the colours on that one page was Colorado Orange.
Yeah, Colorado Orange. Great colour. And certainly not associated with anything negati...oh wait.

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_sit ... ll_600.jpg

I am just kidding. It actually is a cool colour. But my wife pointed out, how many orange vehicles does one dude need.

T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:
Paul S wrote:I like the French blue if its between blue and red. But I think my favourite from all the colours on that one page was Colorado Orange.
Yeah, Colorado Orange. Great colour. And certainly not associated with anything negati...oh wait.

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_sit ... ll_600.jpg

I am just kidding. It actually is a cool colour. But my wife pointed out, how many orange vehicles does one dude need.

T

Hummm...took a look at the colour palette again, and I'm going to change my choices to Blue and Orange. That is a nice orange. Its very close to Porsche orange which I have always liked....

- Dustin Kott-
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

The orange is a brilliant color, and they look good in it, too, but, it's not an original colour for that year or model. It was actually painted the orange once amongst all the other colours.

I am sitting in a motel in Abbotsford with the new (to me) frame strapped and shackled to the roof of the Volvo just outside.

Nice to be home in Canada and headed home to Edmonton tomorrow.

Good night!

PS: Gosh that Herman Melville is a long winded fellow: five hours before we got to sea, and twelve before we finally caught a whale! I am enjoying it nonetheless.
bstanish

Post by bstanish »

I'm for the blue. It gives it a nice sleek look.
Although, red will make it faster.

Cheers,
Brad
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

bstanish wrote:I'm for the blue. It gives it a nice sleek look.
Although, red will make it faster.

Cheers,
Brad
A while ago my Uncle in Italy told me that its difficult to find Red Ferrari's in Italy, that most go to export. Insurance companies charge 1/3 more in Italy for Red cars!

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

Angelo wrote: A while ago my Uncle in Italy told me that its difficult to find Red Ferrari's in Italy, that most go to export. Insurance companies charge 1/3 more in Italy for Red cars!
That's because your uncle's best friend, Guido, keeps clipping them and sticking them in containers bound for the US!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

redbike wrote:
Angelo wrote: A while ago my Uncle in Italy told me that its difficult to find Red Ferrari's in Italy, that most go to export. Insurance companies charge 1/3 more in Italy for Red cars!
That's because your uncle's best friend, Guido, keeps clipping them and sticking them in containers bound for the US!
....on that note, when did you prefer yours to be delivered? :D

- Dustin Kott-