Bike night ride report

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Bike night ride report

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

Great night for a ride. Hardly any bikes at the petro can when I showed up but they were filtering in slowly. Audrey showed up looking very continental with the huge windshield and equally huge shades. John dropped in looking very conflicted. Vespa hat, vespa shirt, Suzuki steed.

John, what was the brand name of that horn again?

Angelo, you should have been out there tonight. Not one, not two, not three but four moto guzzis of all shapes and sizes. And on the topic of conflicted, two of those Can-Am Spyders were out tonight. Very neat bike??? trike??? monster scooter??? wheeled toboggan I guess would be the best analogy. Looks like its flying when its parked.

And of course about 200 v-twins with straight pipes. Oh well, whatever blows your hair back I suppose.

Audrey and I were in agreement that a club night out at a bike night would be in order again this year. Maybe hit Fort Sask on a tuesday just to be different...hey we are scooterists, we excell at different.
:D
See yall on friday and until then, keep the shiny side up.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
redbike

Post by redbike »

Yeah, a great night! Ran into a couple of people I knew, but didn't know they rode bikes, and the VStrom people (5, 6?) most of whom I'd been on line with, but had not met until tonight. A great evening, and I agree that we should be out there en mass some Wednesday. What we lack in displacement, we can recover in numbers.

Trevor, the Stebel Compact Nautilus is what you're after. The German site (Stebel) is: http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2006.htm, and then just look around for a place that sells them. None in Canada that I know of, and I got mine from California Touring: http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?

Go to Stebel's site, and you can get a sound sample of the horn; at 139db, it's plenty loud!

Great service from California Touring Parts Inc. and quick delivery. $8.00 in duty, as I recall - the part is made in Germany so no NAFTA on this.

Made it home with all of the goodies from you Trevor, and Audrey, I guess your pleasure is yet in the future :wink: See you all soon. Bruce, I will call you tomorrow re: tshirts; am glad you've been able to make a start on them! Cheers!
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Bike night was awesome. I learn a little tiny bit more each time I'm around bikes and people who know them. It was a very shiny night. ^_^
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Re: Bike night ride report

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Angelo, you should have been out there tonight. Not one, not two, not three but four moto guzzis of all shapes and sizes.
Ahhh my friend you know me well. The colour that I have decided on for my latest project is in fact from the Motto guzzi family.........
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-