NKG

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

NKG

Post by Angelo »

You are dead to me. You are not allowed in my garage, you are not allowed on my scooters, be gone demon!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Wait what? What's going on? I still use them. Just gapped one today when the bike decided it was going to start but not run.

T
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

long story short....I had bad gas ( big suprise eh?)

So I drained the fuel out of the VNA, cleaned out the carb, put a new plug in and it dies after 10 seconds, pulled plug, plug is fouled, repeat 4 more times ( with new plugs everytime)

Cross reference on the web and find I have a bosch plug that is a direct swap, first kick and it starts, runs like a dream, rev the shit out of it, ride around the block 10 times no issue. Go back in garage, find every NKG plug I have an toss them all...

Yes John C, you were right....again!
Last edited by Angelo on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

SIP sells Bosch plugs. Maybe over the winter we could organize a group buy and lay in a supply.
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Dunno what it is. Two identical vehicles and one chokes on NGKs and the other doesn't! I spoke with their tech rep and they acknowledged the problem. It does not apply to their higher end platinum and iridium plugs.