Local and distant events

Moderator: Moderators

jeffthemod

2pocalypse - who is going?

Post by jeffthemod »

"A philistine nation, of degradation,
And hate and war. there must be more.
Its doctor martins a p o c a l y p s e - apocalypse! "

Yes, it is time to start planning the Calgary Rally trip, I had so much fun last year, I have to do it all over again.

Who is going? Who has trailer room? Who needs a place to crash?

Bonus points for identifying the lyrics quoted above.

Let's drink to the Apocalypse!

JTM
I was a mod before you was a mod.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hey Jeff,
I'll be leaving with the family on Friday, sometime during the day, this year I would like to enjoy the friday nite festivities.....Probably be leaving Monday morning some time. I will have to do some family type events throughout the weekend, but my quality time will be spent with fellow scooterists :lol:

I won't need any trailering as I snagged one of the scooter haulers that Ron from kelowna sells. damn i have to get a trailer hitch...dooh!

We will attack calgary in force I hope!

The song is from the Jam I'm pretty sure....

Cheers
Angelo
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

"a Bomb in Wardour Street"

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'm planning on going. I'm not sure where I'm staying yet. I was thinking of booking a hotel room and sharing with Torrie and gang, but their not sure they are going to make it yet. Ron may not be recovered enough to make the trip. So I'm still not sure where I'm staying. I have no trailer, but I have a vehicle with a trailer hitch. I may just rent a trailer from budget or see if anyone else has room on their trailer.

Basically, I'm going, but my plans at this time are up in the air. I guess I should get on the making of the plans. :oops:

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Shannon,
Not speaking for anyone as I'm not sure what peoples solid plans are, but Kevin and Trevor last year had room on their trailers for extra scooters, you may want to check with them before renting anything..

my 2 cents

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Hi all

The wife, kids and I will be heading down to Calgary the monday before the rally. My plan is to spend a day tooling around Cowtown, ride with the local dudes on Tuesday nite, drive the scooter down to lethbridge on Wed, back on thurs, and let the party get started on Friday. Drive back to Edmonton on Monday.

So, the deal with the trailer is I while I do have room for at least two other bikes you would be without your bike for the week prior to the rally. Tying down would be your responsibility because I had a bitch of a time last year. This year I am planning on rigging up a wheel holder. Will let you know how that works out.

Keep the shiny side up all

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I'm going down, likely riding down. If I drive down though, I could possibly bring my horse trailer, I think you could fit 3 smaller scoots in comfortably, plus the bed of the truck for my own. I'll be staying with relatives likely, so as to not take up space somewhere that could be better used for other ralliers.

Anyone want to ride down with me? It'll be fuuuuuun.
All hail Emperor Kang!
ScarletBee

Post by ScarletBee »

hi audrey,

i was planning on riding down to calgary, tentatively friday during the day to make it to the meet and greet. would be great if we could go together or as a group if anybody else is interested in joining us to go down. as far as accommodations are concerned, i'll have to find something down there.
imagine no more winters...
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

If I recall correctly the Calgary Folks were great with finding everyone a home....I'll shoot an email to noel and see if anyone has been put in charge of billeting...

- Dustin Kott-
dave

Post by dave »

Hi All I'm planning on going. I can only take in one night as I'm on holiday with my family, Taking my son to Drumhiller to see the Dinosaurs. I want to hold the record for the only person at a Rally with know Scooter :oops: :idea: :idea: lol Do you know were the dance is going to be held, I want to get a hotel close if I can. I sent an email on the rally page but have not heard back yet. Thanks Dave
Dave the DJ
superpirate25

Post by superpirate25 »

I REALLY wanted to go down to Calgary for this, but I'll be house boating all weekend!
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

superpirate25 wrote:I REALLY wanted to go down to Calgary for this, but I'll be house boating all weekend!

There is always the Kelowna rally a couple of weeks later. There are a few of us going to that rally.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The Wife (soon to be) and I are heading down for sure.

The trailer that Bruce and I built holds 4 nicely. At this exact point in time i have room for 2 scoots on the trailer. Plus what ever we can fit in the van. But, we'll need to figure a way to secure them in the back of the van. Its a work truck, so just about anything is open in the order of modification/attachment methods.

I don't think I'll have room for people, (lack of seats) Scoots and stuff should not be a problem.

We've booked the friday off work, so we would like to leave sometime then. Morning perferably. I''ll be coming back to Edmonton on the Monday. I can pick up bikes the night before for trailering etc...

Let me know folks.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Kevin,

Count me in for trailering. Departure on Friday in the morning sounds good to me. I will have room in my car for passengers and their stuff. Anyone who is having their scoot trailered and doesn't have a ride to Calgary can grab a ride with me. I have room for 3 more passengers.

Shannon
redbike

Post by redbike »

Still wanna ride; what's up with that? Anybody going that way, or a big puss...
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.