Scooter info

A place to peddle and look for stuff

Moderator: Moderators

Sowelu

Scooter info

Post by Sowelu »

Does anyone know anything about this scooter? There is a new rider in Calgary who is interested in it. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-scooters-pocket- ... /583115109

Thanks

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

My sister has one and I have rented them as well. They are very reliable and very economical but not particularly fast. I occasionally saw an indicated 70 kph.
Macgyyver

Post by Macgyyver »

Sorry late to the party S! Did they find one they liked?

One of my friends from the Safety Council has a Jazz. She loves it - she's also a member of my (former) motorcycle club. It's no worse than the 50cc Vino. Low speed expectations - if you're happy tootling around 50-60kph zones, you'll be fine.

I am torn about keeping both my Vino and the LX150… I love the vino for zipping around downtown and area, and we rode the LX to the club "meeting" yesterday. That LX has super great handling - I'd never ridden one before. At $77/year each insurance… sure is cheap.

I'm a little leery of the LX vs the Vino because the LX a little too tall for me even with platform boots, and the Vino is perfect for my miniature legs. Gets me all over too - I have ridden to every quadrant of Edmonton, and Calgary too for that matter! Just have to plan the route to meet the speeds.
=~=~=
2001 Vino YJ50 2-stroke (Just rolled 26,000kms - yes that's right - 26!)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom "Blaze"
2006 new to me Vespa LX150 8,000kms with character
2006 hand-me-down Vespa LX150 33,000kms
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

They bought a vino in Calgary. The seller of this bike really didn't want to part with the bike.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris