Translation assistance

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Translation assistance

Post by coyoteran »

So I have a question for you foreign linguists. The answer need not be cunning. How do you say "Happy 25th Anniversary" and "Merry Christmas" in Italian.

I am going to need to know so I don't sound out of place next month.

T

ps. I know it sounds a bit gloaty. I can't help myself.
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Nothing fancy, just use:

https://translate.google.com

Buon Natale

Buon 25 ° Anniversario

Then click on the "talk" icon and hear it as well.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Yeah I know but how else can I come off all smug about getting to spend my 25th anniversary and christmas in Verona and Florence.

Haven't been there since 2000 and when I asked Charlene if she wanted warm or romantic for our 25th she said warm. I replied, "Ok, so Italy is out then. Mexico or Cuba?" The response was an overwhelming, "Wait wait wait, I want Italy!" So, Italy it is.

Flights and b&bs are booked. Gonna wing it with the tourist stuff. That seemed to work before. Still waffling on the car rental. I don't mind driving in Italy but I don't want to spend my days trying to find a place to park and downtown Firenze is tight.

Scooter rental is atrocious but I suppose that is to be expected with every North American tourist "living their vacation fantasy" right up to that second where the Vespa gets crushed by a deliver truck and they get spend weeks in an Italian hospital.

So it looks like train, taxi, foot, and maybe a tour bus day trip or two.

Its over a month away and I am already stoked. I can't talk about it at work so forgive my rambling here.

Keep em shiny.
T
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

Just so everyone knows how dangerous scooter riding is in Italy, here's video proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExVWQ_I-elI

Even having seen what happens, I would have done exactly what Gregory did!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Sounds like you have been given some good advice here already...

Florence....I love florence and the surrounding area. If time permits you really should try to get to Siena for the day. Beautiful City and only 1hr away, The bus ride there and back has stunning scenery if they take the back roads..

you guys are lucky, Italy in the fall is beautiful....

BUT damn you, now I have to step it up for our upcoming 25th....I was thinking a drive to the southside of Edmonton would have made the grade...

JC I would have mounted the Vespa slightly different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPdfjzUgiKs
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

You won't need a car in Florence itself, although you should see Sienna and the surrounding countryside is not really available unless you have a car. You can bus it to Sienna. What a great trip!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I did rent a car from Rome to Valle Del Pasubio in Northern Italy.....let me tell you, sustaining speeds of 160+ for extended periods of time on the long stretches is exhilarating, being passed at those speeds, well.....it sucks even at those speeds.

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Angelo wrote: BUT damn you, now I have to step it up for our upcoming 25th....I was thinking a drive to the southside of Edmonton would have made the grade...
Yeah, that's not exactly "Bringing your A game" :D

Keep those suggestions coming all. I know my way around the north east of the country fairly well but I've got nothing for Firenze. I spent a lot of afternoons wandering around Verona back in 1999. Absolutely fantastic during the holidays.

I don't do the god thing but I will probably go to a xmas service this year because Italians do churches like nobodies business. Charlene is looking into a bus tour to Sienna.

Thanks all
T
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Bags are packed. Checklists are checked, rechecked and checked once more so I am sure we will only forget 5 or 10 things.

I am feeling a bit ripped off that winter hasn't been the bear that it was last year so I am not really escaping the weather but I will bounce back.

Addio miei amici. Wish me luck.

T
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Bags are packed. Checklists are checked, rechecked and checked once more so I am sure we will only forget 5 or 10 things.

I am feeling a bit ripped off that winter hasn't been the bear that it was last year so I am not really escaping the weather but I will bounce back.

Addio miei amici. Wish me luck.

T
Have a great trip, enjoy, it will be amazing!

All the best to the both of you, Happy 25th!

- Dustin Kott-