Joined: 21 Sep 2006
|Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:36 pm Post subject: Lotus update November 14
|Woo woo, lots done since my last report. The big news is that the engine and transmission are back in place, never (touch wood) to come out for a long while (touch wood again, please and thank you). Thanks to Angelo and John for that job.
I have also:
- fitted the fuel tanks, fuel pump and the associated plumbing;
- filled and bled the brake and clutch hydraulics;
- made up spacers and brackets to fit the ac compressor and alternator;
- fitted the ac evaporator; and,
- fitted the fire suppression system bottle.
Lots to do yet of course. My next priorities are to fit an idler pulley to ensure the ac compressor has sufficient belt "wrap", fit the fuel filter, sort the cable shifting, sort the clutch (m/c too large?), make the engine oil cooler lines, have the engine ac lines made, etc. So no bars nor wild women for at least another few months ;-)