Lotus Update Jan 3

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Lotus Update Jan 3

Post by jbcollier »

Somewhat amazingly, considering the holiday season, I have most of last month's wish-list complete. The ac belt now has an idler:

http://s250.photobucket.com/user/jbcoll ... sort=3&o=3

(A particularly cool one I might add)

The clutch just required a slight repositioning of the m/c pushrod to make all well -- pedal still needs a return spring though. Fuel filter and lines are all in place; as are the oil cooler and the rear AC lines (fronts will be done by the AC shop). Bonus is that the fire suppression system arrived and has been installed:

http://s250.photobucket.com/user/jbcoll ... sort=3&o=0

(You can just see it behind the carbs -- double bonus, it's halon!!-??)

This month's wish-list?

- broach the subject of actually working on my car with my chosen body man!

- sort out cables for the cable shifter -- brackets done (thanks Angelo & John).

- finalize and glass-in ducting to dash vents.

I'm starting to get to the point where I need to have the interior done before proceeding further. Something I'm a bit reluctant to do until the body work is finished -- thus the first item on my list. It's just the dash holding things up so I may go ahead and just get that covered and carry on -- perhaps rather quickly to a running and driving vehicle as there's really just the wiring harness to complete before test launching.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

WOW! This (almost) makes me miss being in Edmonton in winter... it's starting to 'gel', isn't it? Looks more and more like a car, and less and less like a 'project'...
jbcollier

Post by jbcollier »

It may be time to actually name the Europa. Sadly, I think it's going to have to be "Coche de la Muerte". Yes, I have lost yet another body man. This time with no actual work being done. A loss in his family has him dropping off the face of the earth. Angelo has kindly recommended another body man but this one got a wee bit nervous when I explained the Europa's body work history to date. He is going to pop into to town and have a look at it in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

jbcollier wrote:It may be time to actually name the Europa. Sadly, I think it's going to have to be "Coche de la Muerte". Yes, I have lost yet another body man. This time with no actual work being done. A loss in his family has him dropping off the face of the earth. Angelo has kindly recommended another body man but this one got a wee bit nervous when I explained the Europa's body work history to date. He is going to pop into to town and have a look at it in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.
let me know what day....Ill drop off a case of good wine to seal the deal!
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-