Lotus in March

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

jbcollier

Lotus in March

Post by jbcollier »

As you saw from the photo posted in the last workshop's thread, the exhaust is done, whew. No access to a TIG but a MIG with the appropriate shielding gas and wire did the job. Still in the middle of last month's to-dos, namely the harness, shift cables and AC ducting. I have had custom shift cables made up: $$cough, $$cough; look good though. I just have to modify a bracket or two, make up the connecting rods and I'm set. Wiring is also in progress and I will be able to start it up when that's done so probably by the end of April. After six months of head scratching and internet searching, I finally found the perfect AC duct: oval 2.5" tubing with oval 60° bends plastic-welded on. Now I just have to fibreglass them in place!

Angelo and John have been busy as well. Amongst many they drilled the dash for warning lights and made up a sweet glovebox out of black carpeting. Thanks!!

So, with a little luck, both the shift cables and AC ducting will be off April's to-do list but I'll still be scratching away at the harness.