Cook County bike night

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

LibertineAudrey

Cook County bike night

Post by LibertineAudrey »

In an effort to suggest other locations to meet and get people involved in the club, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in trying out one of the other bike nights around Edmonton. Trevor and I talked about it a bit on Sunday, so I thought I would throw the idea out there. I'm pretty sure Cook County has a Thursday night bike-night. Is anyone interested in meeting up there this Thursday or a future Thursday?

If not, is there any plans/suggestions for a ride during the week this week? We only have so much summer! ^_^

Cheers
All hail Emperor Kang!
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

I like the idea. I would like it more if I could make it out to one but thursdays are pretty much out for me for the next month or so. Actually most days are out for me pretty shortly here with holidays coming up effective friday.

Family friend is having a birthday party this thursday, next thursday I am in Calgary, thursday after I am in Saskatchewan and the thursday after that I may be on my way to kelowna on the bike. I am still hammering out the details on that one. (I say hammering out the details, what I really mean is working up the nerve...I must be getting old)

But, regardless, I still think its a good idea. Exposure is good. Changing up dates and times is even better. It may start to appeal to an expanding grp of individuals.

Keep the shiny side up all.

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Cook county? damn, I'm thinking pickup trucks, cowboy boots, gun racks, etc. 'm probably totally off base,but I still have vivid memories of cowboys
and the oh so kind words that they have shared with me in the past....
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Yeah, I kind of get that impression about the place too, but who knows? Could be really cool.

...or it could be a "Wow, let's get the hell out of here" kind of moment. ^_^
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

let me know how that works for you :lol:

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Well, it looks like no one else is that interested in going, so I'll only show up by myself if my mirrors actually come in tomorrow like they're supposed to. This way, I might have a chance to escape while the Harley-riding-cowboys are laughing themselves stupid. :lol:
All hail Emperor Kang!
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

If you can gather a couple more people. Then I'll show up to. But with the bike, so the harley guys can't laugh at you. Because you'll be with a guy on a bike. :P
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Your a brave woman Audrey, that's why I like you, before you leave with flames off your back tire we need you to take a momento so we know you were actually there.....perhaps a part of a mullet, a raccon tail, maybe a belt buckle that we can melt down for some more mirror stems, etc.....

- Dustin Kott-
redbike

Post by redbike »

At this point, I can't make it. Patti and I are going back out to Brazeau again this weekend to camp and I'll probably go out Thursday afternoon on the bike to ride with friends in Drayton. But if I'm in town, I'll be there. Question is, which one of you do I back up? Hmmmmm.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

DoesDerbiCount? wrote:If you can gather a couple more people. Then I'll show up to. But with the bike, so the harley guys can't laugh at you. Because you'll be with a guy on a bike. :P

I stopped caring about what people think about what I ride along time ago, I just don't like to hear the comments. That's the beauty of a 2stroke, your in your own smoke covered paradise....

- Dustin Kott-
DoesDerbiCount?

Amen Angelo. I forgot my roots for a moment. :D
LibertineAudrey

I admit, I still care what people think... of course, I always hope they're thinking "What the hell is THAT all about?" and usually it is. ^_^
All hail Emperor Kang!
redbike

Post by redbike »

Plans changed STOP What time? STOP
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
DoesDerbiCount?

Yeah what time? I'm thinking of popping by myself. Now that it's more then one person (even if you have enough mirrors for six). :P
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

What time? I might be able to make it before scooting off to the Taste. Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying being back in the city and being able to ride my scoot yet?

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris