Cook County bike night

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

redbike

Post by redbike »

Spoke to Audrey; we're going to meet at Cook County at 6:30 p.m. If its a good scene we'll hang and if not, then gotta ride! See you there
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Plans have changed once again for me. I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.

Have fun guys!

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

I'm most likely there, but since I can only make it at the end of a previous engagement, I'm going to have to take the bike... Hope you guys will still talk to me... :(
redbike

Post by redbike »

Well, we went, we saw, we were seen. Pretty frickin' lame bike night. I think it was all the harley nobs from Tims around the corner. Mind you, for them, the trip to Cook County would constitute a major road trip!

Petro Can next week????
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.
DoesDerbiCount?

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

My only solace was the company of true two wheel enthusiasts. You guys!
Aside from that it looked like a cruiser showroom. And about as effective to boot. "Wow, look at all those shiny bikes with few kilometers. Wouldn't want to risk using them for what they were made to do!" Like you said John.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Most of the group was the HOG, Harley Owners Group.

Most of them frowned upon the scoots. Some of the comments under their breath were priceless.

Another batch of bikes and gents show up about 5 to 10 min after you left.

Things i have learnt at a Cook County Bike night.

1. Timmy's to Cook county is a ride. Did you see all them traffic lights?
2. Some of the Harley Owners Group are snobs.
3. My bike does not fit on the burnout stand properly
4. Even after jokes are made, a scoot in second gear and 1/2 throttle can do a burn out which attracts more attention then a HOG.
5. Redbike, even burnouts can be fun. Just got to start with the right bike and sit on the seat ever so very lightly.
redbike

Post by redbike »

Kev: the "right" bike is somebody else's! Although I do like to burn out on gravel...
Johnny Redbike.

LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

I still don't get the whole burning-your-tire-out-on-a-rubber-mat-while-someone-holds-your-bike-up thing. And they think the mods and scooters are strange...

I guess its a different strokes for different folks deal, and I won't be returning. Petro bike night rocks that bike nights casbah.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'll be at bike nite this week.......the rock the Casbah bike nite! 8)
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-