Ceili's

Offtopic discusion goes here

Moderator: Moderators

DoesDerbiCount?

Ceili's

Post by DoesDerbiCount? »

So I have another story. It's about cruisers though and not scooters, and is basically a long rant, so ignore it if you'd like! :P
I was out for a longer ride today and decided to stop downtown for a minute to get some more info on the ominous storm that was circling above me to the west.
I was near ceili's and know that it is a little bit of a biker hang out so I pulled in (on the gs this time, not the derbi). At the same time as me, two gentlemen with custom harley's pulled in and I shared a nod with one of them as they both walked into the restaurant.
I then called a friend at home to check online to see what we were in for with this storm. He told me to expect heavy rain/wind and possibly hail. So I figured I'd get the hell out of there!
As I was leaving I looked at the two harley's again and decided that maybe I could help. I popped inside and went up to the two gentlemen and explained that I had just checked the weather and told them it's probably going to be a bad storm with possible hail. The younger of the two thanked me and I wished them a good night.
As I was pulling away the two riders were outside examining the storm, so I gave a nod and had it returned by the younger, but the older rider flipped me off...
So as I rode off I wondered what the point was of doing that? And was it only because I didn't ride a cruiser?
Little experiences like this make me question a lot of peoples motives. And also make me realize that middle aged harley types are often bigger squids then us 19 year olds! :(
Regardless I didn't have to much time to dwell on that because the rain started coming down hard soon after. And after I waited parked on a sidewalk under cover for the rain to wash the dirt and grime off the street, I pulled away into the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in. I was soaked to the bone, my cellphone stopped working for a little while until it dried, and I had one of the most fun rides of my life!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Must be the same guy a few years back that asked me "what are YOU doing here?" for the Santa toy run. It's funny they live around us, they look like normal people until you try to be nice to them, then their true colours show through.....

Riding in heavy rain scares the Poo out of me.
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
DoesDerbiCount?

Why can't we all just get along?! :P
Kevin

Re: Ceili's

Post by Kevin »

DoesDerbiCount? wrote:As I was pulling away the two riders were outside examining the storm, so I gave a nod and had it returned by the younger, but the older rider flipped me off...
So as I rode off I wondered what the point was of doing that? And was it only because I didn't ride a cruiser?
Little experiences like this make me question a lot of peoples motives.
He most likely has a small penis.
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Rockers were pricks on Brighton beach in 65 and they still are today.

Just my 2 pence.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
DoesDerbiCount?

I'm gonna go with the small penis thing. Thanks Kev. :P
redbike

Post by redbike »

I'm with Kevin; some people just don't want to be assisted. They'd rather make their own bone-headed judgments and live with the consequences. I say: let 'em.
Johnny Redbike.

We, the unfortunate, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.