09 Yamaha BWS 50 exhaust ideas

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

kenvb

09 Yamaha BWS 50 exhaust ideas

Post by kenvb »

i sold the chinese Milano 150 and got a 09 Yamaha BWS 50 whats cheapest way to increase the speed a bit..im 200 lbs and it goes 45 kph tops. our Vino 50 goes 60 KPH ?
Attachments
only has 745 kms on it.
only has 745 kms on it.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm not 100% familiar with the 2009's but there is a big thing to check.

The older 2t (early 2000's) had a restriction on the variator and the exhaust. The newer ones 'might' have a CDI restriction.

Go find yourself a long level road and another will a straight ish downhill. Set yourself a land speed record on the level run. Go both ways. Have some fun and be safe. If the cops catch ya, i didn't tell you to do this. :shock: Then go run the downhill.

If the scoot holds the same speed downhill as the level road then you have a CDI restriction. If you have a CDI restriction then the first thing you need to do is replace the CDI for one that does not have the restriction. All other mods will be almost useless until the CDI is taken care of. I don't think the 2009 BWS has a CDI restriction. But you should check just in case.

If your downhill run lets you speed up past your level run your in good luck. Sometimes there is a ring on the variator that you can remove, sometimes there is a block washer in the exhaust you can cut out. This will get you a little bit of extra speed. How much, i don't know. 5 maybe, 10 maybe. I don't know.

if your not happy after that start researching the parts you can buy.

http://scootertuning.ca/en/2-bws-zuma-50-2t-02-11
mild kits, piston, cylinder, head, simple exhaust, jets, rollers can start near $500 just for parts.
kenvb

downhill run

Post by kenvb »

yes..it goes 20 kph faster on a slight downhill run i will remove the exhaust and check it out.. thanks
Team Mini

Post by Team Mini »

I had a 125 bws for a number of years. Out of 13 000km around 100 of them had the factory exhaust. I went with a full carbon two brothers with there controller. Yup made a difference in weight and end power. Got well past 70mph a few times on flat ground. Really was a hoot in general traffic.
Tmax
wisetony25

Nice

Post by wisetony25 »

How are you liking your Yamaha Scooter?